+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brussels Mayor Tries To Stop Right Wing Conservative Meeting

Re: Brussels Mayor Tries To Stop Right Wing Conservative Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Truss was saying Farage should join the Tory party yesterday - the attention that woman gets since her humiliation as Prime Minister is astonishing. Thing is, she, and Farage, have powerful and influential backers who see the current UK Government as too left wing. Assuming Labour win the election when it comes, they’d better make a good job of running the country because what may come after them makes me despair for the youngsters of today.
    You mentioned this before and I must admit I do think you are onto something with the importance of a future Labour govt being a success, as I do think otherwise something more radical will be looked at.

I don't think parties on the rise across Europe are actually as many on the left would characters them (see my post above) but they are clearly something different from the status quo of centre-right and centre-left post-war western European governments.

I don't think Labour will be any more of a success than the current govt btw, because as I've consistently said, we keep misdiagnosing the problem, so we won't solve those problems, so make of that what you will, but that's another thread entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I enjoy a good political debate.

But as with so many of them this one has again descended into the usual cobblers.

When a post in the thread talks about a right wing Tory mp (who incidentally is far too right wing for me, and the thought of her being Tory leader after the election is really beyond the pale) in the same breath as the gestapo you know it's past it's sell by date.
    You are a tory

End of Story

To the Gestapo?

Bollocks!

I don't usually use crude language but really, nothing else will suffice

And telling me I am looking at it "from the wrong direction" is condescending claptrap I am afraid
    Rous Rous !

Well said.
    Of course you say well said

You lot stick together

Braverman and her mob are far right Tories and appeal to the daily mail crew

Taking the piss out of the idiots is great fun

Norman Tebbit in a nazi uniform on spitting image was hilarious 😂

If corbyn is a commie then it's only fair

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are a tory

End of Story
    Great poem in fairness.

I see Truss was saying Farage should join the Tory party yesterday - the attention that woman gets since her humiliation as Prime Minister is astonishing. Thing is, she, and Farage, have powerful and influential backers who see the current UK Government as too left wing. Assuming Labour win the election when it comes, they’d better make a good job of running the country because what may come after them makes me despair for the youngsters of today.
    Did you see the LBC interview with Liz Truss? - maybe you should watch it, in order to get both sides of the story. I watched it - and there are definitely two sides to the story.

Anyway, bad luck Sludge, Dave Blue and Ninian Opinion..

The conference resumes today, no doubt with a spring in it step and with a greatly increased number of people having read up about it, because the Belgian courts have cited that:

“...everyone [has] the right to assemble peacefully”.

Bloody fascists!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-closure-order

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Did you see the LBC interview with Liz Truss? - maybe you should watch it, in order to get both sides of the story. I watched it - and there are definitely two sides to the story.
    The one side of the story is she's a barking mad right wing nutcase

My view is she's worse than that

Started off as a Liberal

Can't be trusted

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

The conference resumes today, no doubt with a spring in it step and with a greatly increased number of people having read up about it, because the Belgian courts have cited that:

Bloody fascists!

Did you mean "a spring in it's goose-step"?

Bloody fascists!

The Natc mob in Brussels yesterday are borderline white supremacist nutcases

Have a read of their Statement Of Principles ........its been argued its not far off what the nazis started with in the 1930s ......and it's worrying

This court ruling they just won was funded by an American right wing Christian collective

But there you go .......you want your free speech

And you think they are deffo NOT far right and taking the piss out of them for being like the SS , Gestapo etc is really nasty and not very nice

A lot of very wet behind the ears stuff on here

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Did you mean "a spring in it's goose-step"?
    They are deffo NOT a collection of far right leaning nutters

Honestly

Seconded.

This is a common theme though. It's fair enough to not support a certain political view. The world would be boring if we all thought the same (although personally I think people should listen to them all with an open mind anyway. Only the other day Bob was going on about GB News for example and then later admitted he doesn't watch it), but to seek to shut down alternative views is something else entirely.

They will characterise them as something they aren't, littered with language like "Hitler", "Nazis" and the now ubiquitous"Far-Right" - a label about as devalued as a Venezuelan Bolivar - and then present themselves as honourable in standing against it, but they aren't, because the characterisation is false - a straw man. It happens in the other direction too, where things are labelled as "communist", "fifth-column" and the like.

And again, the irony of cheering the police closing down a peaceful political conference whilst denouncing "fascism" is so obvious you need to wear sun glasses to read CCMB as its almost blinding.
    You are either incredibly ill informed on the far right or being silly for the sake of it

Moderate tory is one thing

You wouldn't get Ken Clarke or John Major attending one of these Hitler youth rallies

These people are very dodgy

I love how you keep digging.

White supremacists now.

Jesus Christ. 🥴

Again, you are the one praising the police for trying to close down a peaceful political conference. People in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

People are allowed to have a different opinion to you.

I love how you keep digging.

White supremacists now.

Jesus Christ. 🥴

Again, you are the one praising the police for trying to close down a peaceful political conference. People in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

People are allowed to have a different opinion to you.
    Hitlers fascists started off in exactly the same way in the 1930s

Far more intelligent analysts than me ...or even you .....although that's clearly not possible ....have looked at the NATC glossy policy statements and come to the same conclusion

They talk about the triumph of Christianity, preserving culture

What do you think that means if not supremacy ?

I mean freedom of speech is one thing but this lot are skating on thin ice

Do your ego a favour and leave it in the fridge for an hour and look into the members and their ......using the term loosely .....policies

Get back to me and try and argue its just a jolly day out for a few union Jack types and their European chums

Look forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I managed forty five minutes (which I reckon I deserve a medal for) and then had to give up. She’s utterly self absorbed and she’s deluded when it comes to the “establishment” in this country. She was feeble when asked to explain her switch from Lib Dems to Conservatives and, although she was more coherent than she ever was as Prime Minister, I still spent much of the time wondering what she was talking about.

Of course there are two sides to the story, she’s never going to admit to being wrong, so you’ve got her on one side of the argument and the rest on the other (I’m not being serious there by the way, but even huge tracts of her own party don’t agree with her).

Hitlers fascists started off in exactly the same way in the 1930s

Far more intelligent analysts than me ...or even you .....although that's clearly not possible ....have looked at the NATC glossy policy statements and come to the same conclusion

They talk about the triumph of Christianity, preserving culture

What do you think that means if not supremacy ?

I mean freedom of speech is one thing but this lot are skating on thin ice

Do your ego a favour and leave it in the fridge for an hour and look into the members and their ......using the term loosely .....policies

Get back to me and try and argue its just a jolly day out for a few union Jack types and their European chums

Look forward to it
    I can't see anything that remotely justifies your references or Nazism, far right, goose stepping and white supremecy.

Thats because your accusations is ridiculous. The event doesn't need to be to your entire agreement, but we live in a liberal world where different opinions can be shared.

No thanks to people like you it seems, who revel in the police shutting down meetings, despite the prime minister and legal system disagreeing with that position.

I managed forty five minutes (which I reckon I deserve a medal for) and then had to give up. She’s utterly self absorbed and she’s deluded when it comes to the “establishment” in this country. She was feeble when asked to explain her switch from Lib Dems to Conservatives and, although she was more coherent than she ever was as Prime Minister, I still spent much of the time wondering what she was talking about.

Of course there are two sides to the story, she’s never going to admit to being wrong, so you’ve got her on one side of the argument and the rest on the other (I’m not being serious there by the way, but even huge tracts of her own party don’t agree with her).
    She should be preserved in aspic....so that she could cause the least amount of damage to poor unsuspecting souls.

I can't see anything that remotely justifies your references or Nazism, far right, goose stepping and white supremecy.

Thats because your accusations is ridiculous. The event doesn't need to be to your entire agreement, but we live in a liberal world where different opinions can be shared.

No thanks to people like you it seems, who revel in the police shutting down meetings, despite the prime minister and legal system disagreeing with that position.
    You can't find anything because you havnt looked you fibber

You can't find anything because you havnt looked you fibber
    I would never lie to you hun.

It's here.

https://nationalconservatism.org/nat...ls-2/schedule/

I also saw the list of speakers, including a few Asian and black speakers who will be gutted to learn that Judge Sludge has deemed them white supremacists

https://nationalconservatism.org/nat...rmed-speakers/

Had no idea it was taking place until yesterday of course.

I would never lie to you hun.

It's here.

https://nationalconservatism.org/nat...ls-2/schedule/

I also saw the list of speakers, including a few Asian and black speakers who will be gutted to learn that Judge Sludge has deemed them white supremacists

https://nationalconservatism.org/nat...rmed-speakers/

Had no idea it was taking place until yesterday of course.
    Gosh you have googled all that quickly

Don't think that the likes of braverman are not complicit

Her views on immigration like patels are even more odious given their heritage

You will be saying the BNP and nick Griffin were " Misunderstood " next

You are going to have to do better than just Google the name of the organisation and post a link to yesterday's piss up

I wanted you to read their background and policies so you can discuss your assertion that there's nothing sinister about them

So what are the organisations directions ?

You are happy with these ?

You are aware of the economic league .....because I told you about them

This lot talk about protecting identity and Christian European culture in a capitalist framework

I don't think you are as smart as you think you are

Rous Rous !
    Oh **** off Sludge.

You are not a moron don't act like one

Gosh you have googled all that quickly

Don't think that the likes of braverman are not complicit

Her views on immigration like patels are even more odious given their heritage

You will be saying the BNP and nick Griffin were " Misunderstood " next
    I looked at it yesterday, lest I said something ridiculous like they are all Nazis or white supremacists or something.

Again, classic Sludge, putting words in people's mouths. No one has said anything about Nick Griffin. Ive merely agreed with the Belgian courts and Belgian prime minister that a peaceful political conference should be allowed to proceed without police interference. That's all I've said and it's a rational, liberal and democratic position to take.

I looked at it yesterday, lest I said something ridiculous like they are all Nazis or white supremacists or something.

Again, classic Sludge, putting words in people's mouths. No one has said anything about Nick Griffin. Ive merely agreed with the Belgian courts and Belgian prime minister that a peaceful political conference should be allowed to proceed without police interference. That's all I've said and it's a rational, liberal and democratic position to take.
    My arse you did

My arse you did
    I did. Why would I comment on it without checking? It took about two minutes.