Anyone who signs 14 players and still can't make a team that suits his style probably isn't up to the job.

My approach would be to lighten the midfield and then look at getting a box to box midfielder to carry the ball up the pitch..

Agree with a lot of what rjk had to say and think 2 strikers is the way to go, our wingers have been ineffective with the way the manager chooses to play, Grant and Bowler are going back so I'd be looking at changing the way we set up, can keep a winger on the books such as Tanner and I'd loan him out until January.

My general approach would be to stop being so passive, get on the front foot and not be scared to have a go at teams, set up to win not to survive 70 minutes and hope we nick a goal. Play out from the back, have no ideas how good Tsunoda is but id look at him pre season and have someone like him or Ng at the back who are comfortable on the ball, assuming we are going 3 at the back I'd get Goutas and McGuinness at the back as the big lumps to do the heavy load of defending.
you can't just haver one "out" so one approach would be to use the wingbacks to carry the ball forward and find a man in the middle, we'd need a mobile box to box player comfortable on the ball as welt be a part of the build up, have one defensive minded player also not scared to find a pass, and attacking midfielder/cam with vision and some pace up top to compliment a bigger man.

Definitely need to raid the loan market. A good quality striker would be the one I'd concentrate my funds..if we can afford to buy even better. Need wing backs both sides.

Use the youth more.