+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Think Tan will Sell Up this Summer ?

Re: Do You Think Tan will Sell Up this Summer ?

As no-one seems to know Tan's motive for payrolling, and at great expense, a Championship club that has been nowhere near the Premier League for several seasons, it's impossible to know if he has any motive for continuing, especially as he isn't really a football fan.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As no-one seems to know Tan's motive for payrolling, and at great expense, a Championship club that has been nowhere near the Premier League for several seasons, it's impossible to know if he has any motive for continuing, especially as he isn't really a football fan.
    He wants to recoup his money doesn't he, no chance unless he gets the right people at the top that understand football.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We need Tan to see what Jim Ratcliffe is doing at ManU, a rebuild with football people shaping the future not car salesmen.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He wants to recoup his money doesn't he, no chance unless he gets the right people at the top that understand football.
    Is that really the calculation? What is the going rate for a mediochre Championship team while he loses a million a month (or whatever the figure might be)?

It probably depends if we win the case against Nantes. Having said that if we win big time I can see Tan suing the EFL and FIFA over their peremptory sanctions against the club which must have had significant consequential affect in the club’s quest to reach the Playoffs.
    Whichever way it plays out I cannot see Sam who loves the club Hammam giving up his kebab stall in downtown Beirut to raise the £200 million Tan wants.
    Incidentally where does this nonsense, mainly on the other board, about Sam being a football man come from?. I remember the night at Cwmaman Institute when Sam introduced his “ own special signing “ none other than Leon Jeanne and we know where he ended up!!

Is that really the calculation? What is the going rate for a mediochre Championship team while he loses a million a month (or whatever the figure might be)?
    Didn't wba go for 40 million - so less than that for us??

Only if someone offers the correct value . Which is 50 million issh

International

I recall a long time ago when he first took over he was asked if he might sell and he said it wouldn't happen because his daughters had told him if he did they'd never speak to him again.

IIRC Tan turned down £100M a couple of years ago, saying it was nowhere near what he wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Wish I could but permanently banned from there 🙄
    I would love to know how many posters have been banned from there. I was a poster for 10 years and ***** banned me because he claimed I had posted an offensive post towards him. The damming line used was "put your big boy pants on."

Considering he is a self-proclaimed super hard football hooligan from the good old 1980's he doesn't half act like a 2024 snowflake these days

I read a book by Kiaran McGuire the football finace expert. There was a chapter valuing football clubs. Admittedly there are several ways to value a football club but the most basic is turnover x 1.5. Our turnover in the last accounts was £24m therefore 24 x 1.5 = £36m

Quote Originally Posted by NinianKnight View Post
    I would love to know how many posters have been banned from there. I was a poster for 10 years and ***** banned me because he claimed I had posted an offensive post towards him. The damming line used was "put your big boy pants on."

Considering he is a self-proclaimed super hard football hooligan from the good old 1980's he doesn't half act like a 2024 snowflake these days
    3 times I have been banned - no explanation as to the reason and I think I am a fairly bland poster - not necessarily provocative or hostile and last notification indicated it was permanent - can't be arsed to see if it is true or not and try to re-register

Very sensitive sorts it seems as my last banning was linked to a post where I didn't follow the party line and blow smoke up Hammans arse

I don't post a lot on this board either - tends to be in spurts and take regular breaks when I can for my own sanity 😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    It probably depends if we win the case against Nantes. Having said that if we win big time I can see Tan suing the EFL and FIFA over their peremptory sanctions against the club which must have had significant consequential affect in the club’s quest to reach the Playoffs.
    Whichever way it plays out I cannot see Sam who loves the club Hammam giving up his kebab stall in downtown Beirut to raise the £200 million Tan wants.
    Incidentally where does this nonsense, mainly on the other board, about Sam being a football man come from?. I remember the night at Cwmaman Institute when Sam introduced his “ own special signing “ none other than Leon Jeanne and we know where he ended up!!
    Sam is a football man.

I genuinely believes he likes football.

Leon jeanne was one of the most talented players ever to wear the city shirt. Obviously he had huge issues but even jay bothroyd who spent plenty of time in the premier league and played for england said leon is the best player he has ever seen.

Sam can be critcised for many things but giving leon a chance isnt one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Sam is a football man.

Leon jeanne was one of the most talented players ever to wear the city shirt. Obviously he had huge issues but even jay bothroyd who spent plenty of time in the premier league and played for england said leon is the best player he has ever seen.

Hammam might like football, so do I , and millions of others but he is a shyster and crook who although he “ loves the club “ couldn’t wait to sue the club and left it minutes before going into administration to sign off his turgid interest in the club. His denial of not being anything to do with Langston and only revealed in court was comical but could have had serious consequences for the City. Thanks to Russell Goodway and Cardiff Council for being aware of his nefarious designs and denying him his demands upon them . Something that Wimbledon wasn’t alive to.
    Leon Jeanne was known to be a crackhead before Sam made him “ his special signing “ . Hammam was also instrumental in signing Spencer Prior and making him captain, another of “ his own special signings “. This so called football man saw Cardiff City purely as a way to him making money and nothing else!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Sam is a football man.

I found that example weird as well, remember as a kid reading about the ability Jean had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    3 times I have been banned - no explanation as to the reason and I think I am a fairly bland poster - not necessarily provocative or hostile and last notification indicated it was permanent - can't be arsed to see if it is true or not and try to re-register

Very sensitive sorts it seems as my last banning was linked to a post where I didn't follow the party line and blow smoke up Hammans arse

I don't post a lot on this board either - tends to be in spurts and take regular breaks when I can for my own sanity ����
    I have heard your story repeated several times by other posters who were also banned from that message board. One of them commented that he had a theory that there are only 6 or 7 actual posters on there who all had several multi accounts! I don't know if that is true but the place is the defintion of an echo chamber.