+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mitral Valve problems

Mitral Valve problems

I have known for a while I have a 'dicky ticker'.

I have atrial fibrillation and heart failure (and a defibrillator in place following my Cardiac arrest back in 2022), and having had a TOE (Transoesophageal Echocardiogram) I find I have dodgy Mitral Valve (it is leaking).

I am not getting any symptoms, but the options are medication, the installing of something called a Mitral Vale clip or open heart surgery to replace the valve.

My consultant has pretty well ruled out major surgery as too risky given my medical history. He is actively considering the clip which involves going in through a vein in the leg.

Just wondering if anyone has gone through this procedure.

I'm not desperately worried about this, I have faith in my cardiac consultant (unlike some of the other departments at UHW following my late wife's experiences over the years until her untimely passing last year), but just wanted to find out more about what is involved

This is actually on the wrong board. I will put it on the main board instead

Re: Mitral Valve problems

Here's wishing you all the best Elwood 👍

Re: Mitral Valve problems

Be careful, thankfully the City won't be raising any undue excitement that may get ones pulses racing.