+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Common Sense 20 to 30mph

Common Sense 20 to 30mph

looks like the WAG has taken notice of the back lash in Wales and reverting some roads back to 30mph

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68859568

as i said from the outset i supported this around built up areas like schools but not on general roads

Re: Common Sense 20 to 30mph

No driving pun intended, but I've never been one of those people who criticises U-turns and sees them as a sign of weakness. If anything they are a sign of strength, albeit one at significant cost.

I never supported the way it was rolled out and applied to far too many roads.

Good on them for a sensible move. Makes me hopeful Gethings era will be better than Drakefords.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No driving pun intended, but I've never been one of those people who criticises U-turns and sees them as a sign of weakness. If anything they are a sign of strength, albeit one at significant cost.

I never supported the way it was rolled out and applied to far too many roads.

Good on them for a sensible move. Makes me hopeful Gethings era will be better than Drakefords.
    Gething will make a good leader.

Isn’t this what was planned anyway - a review?

I dont get this ' thye are doing the right bollox'.
    The right thing was to never introduce this stupid policy in the first.
    From such an arrogant party / leader and AM's. 500,000+ sign a petition and they ignore it.
    It was plain to anyone with half a brain that put in a 20 mph speed limit in some places was utterly stupid.
    £26,000,000 to put this law into place - that could have been spent on teachers, nurses, welfare support.
    God know how much it will now cost to undo Labours 'flag ship' policy.
    Gething, Drakeflop, Lee Waters et al utter incompetence - that is the one thing they have got loads of experience in.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I dont get this ' thye are doing the right bollox'.
    The right thing was to never introduce this stupid policy in the first.
    From such an arrogant party / leader and AM's. 500,000+ sign a petition and they ignore it.
    It was plain to anyone with half a brain that put in a 20 mph speed limit in some places was utterly stupid.
    £26,000,000 to put this law into place - that could have been spent on teachers, nurses, welfare support.
    God know how much it will now cost to undo Labours 'flag ship' policy.
    Gething, Drakeflop, Lee Waters et al utter incompetence - that is the one thing they have got loads of experience in.
    So, you’re arguing that Labour should be sticking to the policy now they’ve introduced it? You say the half a million who signed the petition were ignored, surely the change of mind within seven months of the law being introduced is largely down to it?

Will be interesting to see how many roads revert back to 30. I don't think it'll be as wide ranging as many people hope.
    The process of communities getting together to request a change back, was part of the legislation anyway - I just don't think any have actually done so.

What is the appeal mechanism for getting a road with the new 20 mph limit reverted back to 30 mph? Write to local council I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What is the appeal mechanism for getting a road with the new 20 mph limit reverted back to 30 mph? Write to local council I assume?
    Just drive at 30 in a 20

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Isn’t this what was planned anyway - a review?
    It's a pretty crazy way of implementing a partial 20mph policy if so.

Rjk won't be happy if it goes back to 30, he was hoping for 10mph!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    after reading the doomsday football message board the last week that gave me a chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yeh, imagine the impact on the environment

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    It's a pretty crazy way of implementing a partial 20mph policy if so.
    I agree , what a complete farce it's been just to get to a fairly sensible policy that most of us would agree with

20 mph in high risk areas

30 mph everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I agree , what a complete farce it's been just to get to a fairly sensible policy that most of us would agree with

20 mph in high risk areas

30 mph everywhere else
    As it always was. Ridiculous project that has cost us all money for no benefit. Good sign that Gethings reign may be more sensible.