+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Want You to Stay

Re: We Want You to Stay

calm down! we will get a battering by mids and normal service will be resumed

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    In the heart of the game, I stand, Eric's name,
    A Bulut 2-1 win, not just the same.
    Should've been trailing, too far to find,
    Yet they missed their chances, left us behind.

Out of nowhere, our equalizer came,
    Then at the end, we claimed our fame.
    Delighted by the young ones, their skill on display,
    Had the regulars been fit, they might not have had their day.

Why so long to introduce this talent bright?
    Their contribution to victory, a shining light.
    A question lingers, a thought so profound,
    Why wait so long for the young ones to be crowned?

And then there's Martin, that tosser, they say,
    A win against him brightens our day.
    Nathan Blake spoke truth, as he often does,
    We're not always dominant, but create quite a buzz.

No one wants to face us, with a single goal lead,
    With ten minutes to go, we plant that seed.
    So here's to the wins, to the thrill and the fight,
    In the world of Eric, where dreams take flight.
    Amazing hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The majority? Really?
    Spoken like a guy who wasn’t at the game

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    It wasn't ringing around the stadium and it wasn't the majority of fans.
    It was the noisy fans in the Canton end
    The empty vessels.

Im convinced that some of you dont watch more than the 2minute sky sports highlights.

We shouldve been thumped 5-0 in the first half..not couldve but SHOULD'VE.

That said, bulut is obviously doing everything he can to get the contract including temporarily trying to "attack" which really lends towards the strengths of the better players in our squad so naturally we looked better.

#bulutGTFO

The only chanting I could hear was coming from the Southampton fans. All game long.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Ringing around the ground at the end of the game

the majority of fans letting the board know there feelings regarding the Mangers position well the fans that turn up

Any of the Bulut out brigade here change there views after todays great performance well the second half performance
    At Millwall last week the majority of the 1,410 away supporters were singing “we want you to stay “ and it was pretty conclusive in the ground yesterday that the fans were on his side.

If he went I’d imagine Siopis and Goutas would follow him , so I’d prefer some stability. Yes there has been some bad runs , (bad runs just like Leeds , Leicester ,Southampton and the majority of all the other teams in the league) but we are on course for a top ten finish which is more than acceptable all things considered.

Thankfully this narrow window of opinion on this board is hardly a benchmark of the majority of supporters who actually attend the games.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Spoken like a guy who wasn’t at the game
    Here he is….

Of course I was at the game. Do you honestly believe the majority of City fans present were chanting for Bulut to stay? I don’t. I sit in the middle of the Ninian Stand. A few around me were chanting for Bulut to stay. A large majority were silent while those chants were underway.

In my experience, opinion is very much split on the manager with the biggest percentage of people unsure either way.

Here he is….

Of course I was at the game. Do you honestly believe the majority of City fans present were chanting for Bulut to stay? I don’t. I sit in the middle of the Ninian Stand. A few around me were chanting for Bulut to stay. A large majority were silent while those chants were underway.

In my experience, opinion is very much split on the manager with the biggest percentage of people unsure either way.
    I’d say that’s spot on, even our little group is divided on this one, a few were chanting, but not that many by us.
    As much as I enjoyed the win yesterday, we should have been out of it by half time, their finishing was woeful and we benefited from that.
    The big positives were seeing a few youngsters on the pitch, at last it’s been long overdue

Some of these lads with a point to prove battled in such a way that we haven’t seen for ages from established first team players.

It just highlights again how rigid Bulut has been in his previous selections, doggedly sticking with players who either don’t give a toss (Bowler) or just completely lack bottle ( Wintle)

The youngsters, especially Conte were a breath of fresh air, walking back to the pub afterwards I was talking to an old pal, and the first thing he said about the young players was that “he hoped Bulut wouldn’t coach that enthusiasm out of them, if he’s still here next season “

Pretty well sums up my opinion of him, I think there’s better coaches out there, and I don’t get this idea that we have to stick with him, because we’re uncertain about who’ll replace him.

Some of the football offered by him this year has been dogshite and hard to watch

I’ll renew my ST, but it’s going to be a hard sell for the club, unless there’s a couple of exciting players coming in to shift ST,s this summer based on the style of over cautious defensive football, that Bulut has been responsible for since November.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I’d say that’s spot on, even our little group is divided on this one, a few were chanting, but not that many by us.
    As much as I enjoyed the win yesterday, we should have been out of it by half time, their finishing was woeful and we benefited from that.
    The big positives were seeing a few youngsters on the pitch, at last it’s been long overdue

Some of these lads with a point to prove battled in such a way that we haven’t seen for ages from established first team players.

It just highlights again how rigid Bulut has been in his previous selections, doggedly sticking with players who either don’t give a toss (Bowler) or just completely lack bottle ( Wintle)

The youngsters, especially Conte were a breath of fresh air, walking back to the pub afterwards I was talking to an old pal, and the first thing he said about the young players was that “he hoped Bulut wouldn’t coach that enthusiasm out of them, if he’s still here next season “

Pretty well sums up my opinion of him, I think there’s better coaches out there, and I don’t get this idea that we have to stick with him, because we’re uncertain about who’ll replace him.

Some of the football offered by him this year has been dogshite and hard to watch

I’ll renew my ST, but it’s going to be a hard sell for the club, unless there’s a couple of exciting players coming in to shift ST,s this summer based on the style of over cautious defensive football, that Bulut has been responsible for since November.
    Not going to enter what is a fairly polarised debate of bulut in or out but I think my biggest concern re his replacement is the competence of our hierarchy to get it right - I am sure there a number of managers out there who would be interested but I'm sure they will be influenced by the "treatment" of the procession of recent managers have had and if they are currently employed wonder if it is worth any more risk than they face in their current employ.

What I will say is I watched buluts post match conference yesterday and it may have been me reading too much into it but when referencing next season I got the distinct impression he knows he won't be here?

In terms of a replacement when was the last time we took a manager from another club - I'm struggling to think who that would be so the chances are people will be keen to come here because they are unemployed as that is probably our market

As for season tickets I suspect like me a lot of people will renew to keep their seat for next year so the club are "guaranteed" a base crowd around 13-14 thousand and I'm not convinced season tickets are that important in terms of income - it is more about atmosphere yet we all know atmosphere is a reflection of what happens on the pitch not necessarily how many are watching it

And I'm with you in terms of having youngsters used instead of expensive journey men loans such as bowler - there is enough scope in match day squads to get that balance right without exposing youngsters unnecessarily but still having opportunities to blood them in a managed way

Once again it will be a summer where we probably lose ground in terms of preparation compared to other clubs who get their act together and have a plan

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think today confirmed the frustration and asked why these youngsters haven’t had more playing time, why did it take 12 injuries?

I don’t mind if he stays, but if he does I don’t expect the football to change from what we have seen most the season.
    well Bulut has handed 8 different young players from the academy make there senior debuts this season

that's not a bad ratio

you could argue they should have got more game time . Under Warnock i guess we would have been lucky to see 2 in a season !

To be fair the vast majority dont sing anyway.

So probably the vast majority of singers want him to stay.

Or (and maybe likely) its just a song they enjoyed singing.

I think most people really dont care but dont believe this board are capable of appointing someone better and more likely to make things worse. Im in that camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think most people really dont care but dont believe this board are capable of appointing someone better and more likely to make things worse.
    That's the impression I get.

There is no doubt Bulut has a significant amount of support within the fanbase and there is also a significant percentage of supporters who believe he should go. However, I'm fairly certain the majority are either undecided or don't really care, and plenty are concerned about who comes next if he does go.

One thing's for sure, though - the claim that the majority of the fans in the CCS were signing in support of Bulut yesterday is as ludicrous as suggesting the majority of City fans sing about paedophiles in Swansea every time that dreadful chant goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    well Bulut has handed 8 different young players from the academy make there senior debuts this season

that's not a bad ratio
    Yesterday was the first time any of them had made a league start. You mentioned Warnock. He gave Mark Harris his league debut towards the end of his first season here.

Let me ask you a question: do you honestly believe Ashford would have started and either Conte or Giles would have got on the pitch yesterday if the likes of Grant, Bowler, Ng and Collins had been fit to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    **** me, I actually agree with you.
    Flippant reply by me-Not meant for Rock-Flock-Of-Five.

Yesterday was the first time any of them had made a league start. You mentioned Warnock. He gave Mark Harris his league debut towards the end of his first season here.

Let me ask you a question: do you honestly believe Ashford would have started and either Conte or Giles would have got on the pitch yesterday if the likes of Grant, Bowler, Ng and Collins had been fit to play?
    Obviously not.

However the bigger question is how those players now "benefit:under buluts coaching and instructions etc....

Will they kick on or will we be having discussions in a few months if he stays wondering either where the young players have gone or why they have started playing so conservatively and wondering what happened to that enthusiasm we saw yesterday.

It's an impossible question to answer unless we know who the replacement would be.

Yesterday was great, but it still asks more questions than it provides answers. It questions why Ashford hasn't been selected earlier (how many games did he sit on the bench, in many of which we were crying out for an attacking substitution?) and the initial formation was farcical.

I'd really love us to have some continuity with our manager and Bulut comes across as committed, hard working and passionate.

But I'd also want to know that we will see a more enlightened selection policy and positive tactics rather than the dirge we have witnessed for most of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    At Millwall last week the majority of the 1,410 away supporters were singing “we want you to stay “ and it was pretty conclusive in the ground yesterday that the fans were on his side.

If he went I’d imagine Siopis and Goutas would follow him , so I’d prefer some stability. Yes there has been some bad runs , (bad runs just like Leeds , Leicester ,Southampton and the majority of all the other teams in the league) but we are on course for a top ten finish which is more than acceptable all things considered.

Thankfully this narrow window of opinion on this board is hardly a benchmark of the majority of supporters who actually attend the games.
    Why isn't it an accurate consensus by those using this messageboard? Most of the users on this forum attend games, why do their opinions become less valid if they happen to log in to this messageboard?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    It's an impossible question to answer unless we know who the replacement would be.

Yesterday was great, but it still asks more questions than it provides answers. It questions why Ashford hasn't been selected earlier (how many games did he sit on the bench, in many of which we were crying out for an attacking substitution?) and the initial formation was farcical.

I'd really love us to have some continuity with our manager and Bulut comes across as committed, hard working and passionate.

But I'd also want to know that we will see a more enlightened selection policy and positive tactics rather than the dirge we have witnessed for most of this season.
    Agree with every word.

My preference is he goes as I don't think our squad is that bad, (mid table is correct) the club do spend money and pay good wages (maybe too good) and even hudson averaged a point a game. A half decent manager will get mid table at least.

However yes the concern is there is every chance they will appoint Darren purse or promote tom ramusut you just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Agree with every word.

My preference is he goes as I don't think our squad is that bad, (mid table is correct) the club do spend money and pay good wages (maybe too good) and even hudson averaged a point a game. A half decent manager will get mid table at least.

However yes the concern is there is every chance they will appoint Darren purse or promote tom ramusut you just don't know.
    That last paragraph seems to be the one concern that is common across most fans

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Why isn't it an accurate consensus by those using this messageboard? Most of the users on this forum attend games, why do their opinions become less valid if they happen to log in to this messageboard?
    Because the number of regular posters on here is around 50 and from what I can tell aged between 50 and 80 years of age.

If you were at Millwall , or Birmingham or are in town on match days, most of the fans I speak to would prefer stability over change. The fact that supporters are chanting his name to stay at matches is probably more of a benchmark than the regular posters views on here .

If city fans wanted him out I’m sure there would be chants of “ Bulut Out” and boos at home games aimed at his direction, just like there has always been against managers who are not up to standard.

Why don’t you consider creating a poll today, I think the last one regarding this subject has about 30 votes in total which was the point I was trying to make.

If city fans wanted him out I’m sure there would be chants of “ Bulut Out” and boos at home games aimed at his direction, just like there has always been against managers who are not up to standard.
    During the last home game (the defeat to Hull) a large percentage of fans had left the ground long before the final whistle and there was loud jeering both at half-time and full-time.

Yesterday afternoon, as has been the case in many home games during the second half of the season, there were swathes of empty seats all around the ground, many of which belong to season ticket holders. The weather was good, the opposition was attractive and the game didn't clash with the rugby or anything similar, but there were still loads of season ticket holders missing.

What do you make of that? Do you think it has anything to do with the standard of football that has been served up by the manager and his players this season, or do you believe there are other factors involved?

During the last home game (the defeat to Hull) a large percentage of fans had left the ground long before the final whistle and there was loud jeering both at half-time and full-time.

Yesterday afternoon, as has been the case in many home games during the second half of the season, there were swathes of empty seats all around the ground, many of which belong to season ticket holders. The weather was good, the opposition was attractive and the game didn't clash with the rugby or anything similar, but there were still loads of season ticket holders missing.

What do you make of that? Do you think it has anything to do with the standard of football that has been served up by the manager and his players this season, or do you believe there are other factors involved?
    Our average gate is 21,200, not too shabby considering the home form etc and the non show of season ticket holders happens at every ground in the country. Apparently Arsenal have as many as 15,000 non shows per match , what do you think of that ?

The way the season tickets are priced allow fans to be still financially better off by missing as many as 10 games compared to walk up prices.

Ultimately, I hope he stays, but if you don’t want him to stay , who would you want as a replacement?

Our average gate is 21,200, not too shabby considering the home form etc and the non show of season ticket holders happens at every ground in the country. Apparently Arsenal have as many as 15,000 non shows per match , what do you think of that ?

The way the season tickets are priced allow fans to be still financially better off by missing as many as 10 games compared to walk up prices.
    You haven't answered my question, but I kind of expected that.

You haven't answered my question, but I kind of expected that.
    There is nothing to answer , you know as-well as anyone how fickle fans can be after a defeat, the same way as they pivot when we get a great match like yesterday.

I kind of expect your negativity anyway because you no longer are in the free ice cream list anymore.

I’m pretty pissed off my free chips at Mansfield were cold.