+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We Want You to Stay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We Want You to Stay

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    At Millwall last week the majority of the 1,410 away supporters were singing “we want you to stay “ and it was pretty conclusive in the ground yesterday that the fans were on his side.

If he went I’d imagine Siopis and Goutas would follow him , so I’d prefer some stability. Yes there has been some bad runs , (bad runs just like Leeds , Leicester ,Southampton and the majority of all the other teams in the league) but we are on course for a top ten finish which is more than acceptable all things considered.

Thankfully this narrow window of opinion on this board is hardly a benchmark of the majority of supporters who actually attend the games.
    Why isn't it an accurate consensus by those using this messageboard? Most of the users on this forum attend games, why do their opinions become less valid if they happen to log in to this messageboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Why isn't it an accurate consensus by those using this messageboard? Most of the users on this forum attend games, why do their opinions become less valid if they happen to log in to this messageboard?
    Because the number of regular posters on here is around 50 and from what I can tell aged between 50 and 80 years of age.

If you were at Millwall , or Birmingham or are in town on match days, most of the fans I speak to would prefer stability over change. The fact that supporters are chanting his name to stay at matches is probably more of a benchmark than the regular posters views on here .

If city fans wanted him out I’m sure there would be chants of “ Bulut Out” and boos at home games aimed at his direction, just like there has always been against managers who are not up to standard.

Why don’t you consider creating a poll today, I think the last one regarding this subject has about 30 votes in total which was the point I was trying to make.

If city fans wanted him out I’m sure there would be chants of “ Bulut Out” and boos at home games aimed at his direction, just like there has always been against managers who are not up to standard.
    During the last home game (the defeat to Hull) a large percentage of fans had left the ground long before the final whistle and there was loud jeering both at half-time and full-time.

Yesterday afternoon, as has been the case in many home games during the second half of the season, there were swathes of empty seats all around the ground, many of which belong to season ticket holders. The weather was good, the opposition was attractive and the game didn't clash with the rugby or anything similar, but there were still loads of season ticket holders missing.

What do you make of that? Do you think it has anything to do with the standard of football that has been served up by the manager and his players this season, or do you believe there are other factors involved?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    During the last home game (the defeat to Hull) a large percentage of fans had left the ground long before the final whistle and there was loud jeering both at half-time and full-time.

Yesterday afternoon, as has been the case in many home games during the second half of the season, there were swathes of empty seats all around the ground, many of which belong to season ticket holders. The weather was good, the opposition was attractive and the game didn't clash with the rugby or anything similar, but there were still loads of season ticket holders missing.

What do you make of that? Do you think it has anything to do with the standard of football that has been served up by the manager and his players this season, or do you believe there are other factors involved?
    Our average gate is 21,200, not too shabby considering the home form etc and the non show of season ticket holders happens at every ground in the country. Apparently Arsenal have as many as 15,000 non shows per match , what do you think of that ?

The way the season tickets are priced allow fans to be still financially better off by missing as many as 10 games compared to walk up prices.

Ultimately, I hope he stays, but if you don’t want him to stay , who would you want as a replacement?

Our average gate is 21,200, not too shabby considering the home form etc and the non show of season ticket holders happens at every ground in the country. Apparently Arsenal have as many as 15,000 non shows per match , what do you think of that ?

The way the season tickets are priced allow fans to be still financially better off by missing as many as 10 games compared to walk up prices.
    You haven't answered my question, but I kind of expected that.

You haven't answered my question, but I kind of expected that.
    There is nothing to answer , you know as-well as anyone how fickle fans can be after a defeat, the same way as they pivot when we get a great match like yesterday.

I kind of expect your negativity anyway because you no longer are in the free ice cream list anymore.

I’m pretty pissed off my free chips at Mansfield were cold.

I kind of expect your negativity anyway because you no longer are in the free ice cream list anymore.....
    Oh, come on.

Ultimately, I hope he stays, but if you don’t want him to stay , who would you want as a replacement?
    I have no idea and I think it's a pretty dumb question to be honest. After all, like the vast majority of UK football fans, I'd never even heard of Erol Bulut before he arrived here. Indeed, I'd never heard of almost all of the foreign coaches who have made a genuine mark in the Championship before they got here. And I'd never heard of half of the young British coaches who have done well in this division either.

Take Kieran McKenna, for example. I'd never heard of him before he took over at Ipswich. I'd never heard of Thomas Frank or Daniel Farke before they arrive at Brentford and Norwich either. Be honest, had you?

I have no idea and I think it's a pretty dumb question to be honest. After all, like the vast majority of UK football fans, I'd never even heard of Erol Bulut before he arrived here. Indeed, I'd never heard of almost all of the foreign coaches who have made a genuine mark in the Championship before they got here. And I'd never heard of half of the young British coaches who have done well in this division either.

Take Kieran McKenna, for example. I'd never heard of him before he took over at Ipswich. I'd never heard of Thomas Frank or Daniel Farke before they arrive at Brentford and Norwich either. Be honest, had you?
    If you can’t think of an adequate replacement then I’d stick with what we have. A top ten finish is more than acceptable, and whilst the home form is pretty dire, perhaps you should try some away games as they have been very competitive

If you can’t think of an adequate replacement then I’d stick with what we have.
    Thankfully, it's not up to me to come up with a replacement, if one is deemed necessary.

An old man in Malaysia is going to decide how this goes, if he hasn't done so already.

If you can’t think of an adequate replacement then I’d stick with what we have. A top ten finish is more than acceptable, and whilst the home form is pretty dire, perhaps you should try some away games as they have been very competitive
    On the face of it things have improved, without doubt. Although these things are nuanced and we all have different expectations and thoughts on how the game should be played and what we find entertaining, progressive etc. So, i can see both sides of the argument really, even though i can't watch Bulut's brand of football, i fully accept that there are those who don't mind it and who believe that Bulut has some kind of plan in place.

The problem for me is that Bulut doen't seem to go out to win a game,it's avoid defeat as the first call, keepthe midfield flat, no penetration, hardly any player braking opposition lines. It's all about the wide players, which tells me that he doesn't like expression in the difficult areas, he likes to stretch teams. It makes for some awful stuff if our wide players aren't performing as they're our only outlet.

Our mosr creative player (Colwill) Doesn't score or create a great deal, not through want of trying, he just doesn't get into those positions or is starting from a very deep position. He also lacks composure on times but that bit is on him, not Bulut. So it sort of shows what Bulut wants, which is the midfield players getting the ball out wide at the earliest opportunity. To me, that a bit cowardly in terms of how i like the game to be played and it only gives us one option, and when that fails it's shocking. We go a goal down and he reacts, and i think that has got him off the hook a bit. Not for me, although he does have a system, he does have a plan, i just don't like it