Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Fair enough Jim. I don't doubt Colwill's natural ability and how he has come on this season on other aspects of his game. The issue i have is his end product. In my opinion it's not great, the success rate (from his point of view) isn't the best. For him to become a top end Championship player-Lower premier league player then it has to improve. It has to, because that's the role he plays. People have a go at Siopis or ralls, or whoever else based on their skill set, what is achievable on their part. And when they fail they're rightly criticised. Colwill possesses a different skill set, and when he fails to make the correct decisions then it's fair game, and he'd know that himself. Problem is that it's ignored on here because he's creative, local, Welsh, came through the academy etc. If people are happy with one great bit of skill in 5 then fair enough, although i bet Colwill isn't, and the people who will or can determine his future wont be either.

I always give him credit when he plays well, has done some exceptional, but for balance i think it only fair to pick up on his frailties as well. That isn't the case on here, people ignore stuff which is important in my opinion, andwe can't really have a sensible debate because some posters opinions are completely clouded with a blind loyalty towards local players, especially if they have come through the ranks.
I am surprised you think there is too much defence of our home grown talent, I have always felt the criticism of local lads is extra special savage.
Local lads coming through the ranks is good for business, build them up and sell them on .Personally it great to see anyone develop at the club and get sold for a profit , the youngsters especially. Man City steal all the young talent from clubs like ours to sell them after a spell on loan showing their talents in their late teens early twenties .
Perhaps we will get a return from Adams ,Davies et all?