+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Colwill thread.

Another Colwill thread.

Russell Martin thought he was “outstanding” today.

Re: Another Colwill thread.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Did he elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did he elaborate?
    No literally just that but interesting comment on his "relationship" with our fans 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    No literally just that but interesting comment on his "relationship" with our fans ����
    I expect a 5 million bid from Southampton during the summer.

I think he’s had a good season, needs to add goals and assists but that’s also down to how we play.

Thought he was excellent second half when he moved into the centre.

I expect a 5 million bid from Southampton during the summer.
    After the game I checked the stats on the BBC Sport website and read their report. No quote from Martin on there but Colwill did get a mention in the match report by Michael Pearlman "Horvath's goal was leading a charmed life with Aribo's deflected effort going just over the crossbar, while Adam Armstrong blazed over after Rubin Colwill's terrible backpass sent him clear."

Edit: formatting is f*cked!

I think Martin said Colwill was brave.

He did have an especially good game today. And played for 90+ minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He did have an especially good game today. And played for 90+ minutes.
    I make the point in my blog piece that he played a hundred and six minutes yesterday and got better the longer the game went on.

I make the point in my blog piece that he played a hundred and six minutes yesterday and got better the longer the game went on.
    I thought he was MOTM yesterday!!
    I hope we have 3-4 more local lads in the team for next season, at the very least they care about the club and are guaranteed to give 100%

As a fan I can live with that, regardless of wether they make a mistake or two

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I thought he was MOTM yesterday!!
    I hope we have 3-4 more local lads in the team for next season, at the very least they care about the club and are guaranteed to give 100%

As a fan I can live with that, regardless of wether they make a mistake or two
    He made a few daft decisions yesterday. Not sure if he was trying to lob the keeper when it was a two on one with Ashford in space outside him, or whether he just got the pass wrong. He also just stood in the way, not knowing what to do, when Conte was lining up a first time shot. However, he does the unexpected sometimes and is one of the few City players that can get you off your seat. I'd much rather have Colwill's frequent mistakes and occasional brilliance, than Turnbull's consistent mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think Martin said Colwill was brave.
    I didn't hear that but I only watched the one on our club site where he said colwill was outstanding as tobw quotes above

I think Buluts will stay and it would be a shame to waste another year with managers learning about players. I doubt he'll get an extension if he can't explain to Uncle Vinny how he is going to get a few of these academy kids worth serious offers and Rubin will be heading that category.

Ashford & I Davies are similar to Grant IMO, they are not "wingers" but inside forwards and need to play in that inside channel rather than the touchline. I can see us three at the back, wingbacks with two sitters as cover and Rubin gets the attacking central midfielder slot he undoubtedly should be given.

I said on the other forum that Bulut still insists on square pegs in round holes and when they all rotated back into their preferred position the team played better than multi million pound SOTON.

I didn't hear that but I only watched the one on our club site where he said colwill was outstanding as tobw quotes above
    I think TWGL1 was joking.

He definitely said Colwill was outstanding.

So does AQM. I'm certain Bulut wanted to keep him on the pitch for the whole game as much for his influence as well as proving a point to Colwill as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think TWGL1 was joking.
    Okay a bit of a whoosh for me then ?? I still don't get it hough 😂😂

Russ knows best then, Because not one person commented on Colwill's performance in the match thread or lifted one of the many threads on hear about him to offer their praise. Just goes to show that us fans haven't got a clue, eh..

Okay a bit of a whoosh for me then ?? I still don't get it hough 😂😂
    Russell Martin is known for using the word brave about his players in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I think Buluts will stay and it would be a shame to waste another year with managers learning about players. I doubt he'll get an extension if he can't explain to Uncle Vinny how he is going to get a few of these academy kids worth serious offers and Rubin will be heading that category.

Ashford & I Davies are similar to Grant IMO, they are not "wingers" but inside forwards and need to play in that inside channel rather than the touchline. I can see us three at the back, wingbacks with two sitters as cover and Rubin gets the attacking central midfielder slot he undoubtedly should be given.

I said on the other forum that Bulut still insists on square pegs in round holes and when they all rotated back into their preferred position the team played better than multi million pound SOTON.
    I'd agree with most of that, apart from us playing better than Soton. For 60+ minutes they battered us.

What yesterday did prove was that with Bulut's low press we need pace and directness in transition. This was provided (yesterday) by Tanner, Ashford, Colwill (when playing 10), Meite (when he played right wing) and Conte.

Bowler, Wintle (when playing 10) and Turnbull do not supply this. Furthermore, for all their qualities, Collins and Ng are not exactly 'buccaneering' full backs.

So your comments about square pegs in round holes is spot on. The positional changes of Colwill and Meite as well as the introduction of Conte were the game changers.

I really hope Isaak Davies gets a chance next season, we need his pace. Eli King could provide a physical presence absent in Wintle and Siopis. Those two, Ashford and the correct use of Rubin could be like 4 new signings.

Russ knows best then, Because not one person commented on Colwill's performance in the match thread or lifted one of the many threads on hear about him to offer their praise. Just goes to show that us fans haven't got a clue, eh..
    I like you didnt go.

My son came straight through the door and said Colwill was superb and just doesnt get why he doesnt play every week.

Ive got loads of friends who support Swansea. Every single one of them commented that they couldnt understand why he didnt start v them as he was different class when he came on.

The threads ive seen this season when weve been utter shit and its turned into Colwill bashing has been ridiculous. So yeah I think fans sometimes dont have a clue.

If Colwill did go to Southampton or a top Championship side im sure hed do really well.

Personally I think hes a real talent who looks comfortable on the ball. For someone so big he should improve his strength and aggression on the ball.

A better coach would get better out of him. I think minimum he will be a top Championship player - but of course i may know nothing as a fan.😂

I like you didnt go.

My son came straight through the door and said Colwill was superb and just doesnt get why he doesnt play every week.

Ive got loads of friends who support Swansea. Every single one of them commented that they couldnt understand why he didnt start v them as he was different class when he came on.

The threads ive seen this season when weve been utter shit and its turned into Colwill bashing has been ridiculous. So yeah I think fans sometimes dont have a clue.

If Colwill did go to Southampton or a top Championship side im sure hed do really well.

Personally I think hes a real talent who looks comfortable on the ball. For someone so big he should improve his strength and aggression on the ball.

A better coach would get better out of him. I think minimum he will be a top Championship player - but of course i may know nothing as a fan.��
    I think it's pretty simple when it comes to Colwill. He has to create a bit more and score a few more. When-If that happens then we can put the argument to bed in my opinion. I've no doubt he played well yesterday, and i reckon i know what Russ is talking about having seen Colwill play on numerous occasions. If he turns in to a consistent championship player then i'll take that, and i would have when he first came on to the scene. Plenty on hear (as usual) got carried away, got all emotional because he's Welsh, Academy etc, then did their usual thing where they dig their heels in and blame everyone else because it isn't working out as they expected. That's the problem on here, it's infantile, and we van't get a decent debate going because of all the emotive shit. Mozzer can't let Bulut go because he played futsbal once in 1989. As for Colwill, we'll see how far he can go, and good luck to him, and the other young players coming through.

Russell Martin is known for using the word brave about his players in interviews.
    Cheers - I find Martin an odious tosser who has convinced himself he is the next best thing - me I think he is classless and has achieved nothing to date - on that basis I tend to avoid listening to him but yesterday was an exception 😂😂

I think it's pretty simple when it comes to Colwill. He has to create a bit more and score a few more. When-If that happens then we can put the argument to bed in my opinion. I've no doubt he played well yesterday, and i reckon i know what Russ is talking about having seen Colwill play on numerous occasions. If he turns in to a consistent championship player then i'll take that, and i would have when he first came on to the scene. Plenty on hear (as usual) got carried away, got all emotional because he's Welsh, Academy etc, then did their usual thing where they dig their heels in and blame everyone else because it isn't working out as they expected. That's the problem on here, it's infantile, and we van't get a decent debate going because of all the emotive shit. Mozzer can't let Bulut go because he played futsbal once in 1989. As for Colwill, we'll see how far he can go, and good luck to him, and the other young players coming through.
    Colwill has been done to death on here.

As someone said further up, he’s littered with mistakes with the occasional brilliance.

The biggest positive for Colwill is his biggest weakness. Risk taking and decision making. He’s unpredictable.

Personally I don’t think he’s a great footballer (yet) but is enjoyable to watch and I’d rather him in the team than out of it.

Now people hopefully leave him alone to mature and develop.