+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Borley and Gavin Chesterfield.

Steve Borley and Gavin Chesterfield.

Must have been a great day for them yesterday. 5 academy players on the pitch at the end of the game in a win like that. That just doesn't happen at cardiff city!!!

So so so frustrating it was only so many injuries that forced bulut to give them a chance, and it isn't good I was pleased to see how many injuries we had as hoped it would force him to finally do something different at home but it wasn't about bulut yesterday (the bigger the injury list grew the more I fancied our chances of winning). If he stays he stays but I hope he learned something yesterday and doesn't coach that enthusiasm out of them.

Borley has put so much work into the new academy headquarters and Chesterfield was a huge appointment for the club. A very impressive football background and no surprise he's having the impact he clearly is.

So well done both and all others involved.

https://twitter.com/SteveCMB/status/...gsYiF6VuQ&s=19

Re: Steve Borley and Gavin Chesterfield.

you can add in darren purse other half too

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Yep

Steve Borley has been championing the Academy for best part of 30 years. He's been unwavering in his investment of time and his own money. Top bloke, top bluebird.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

He's taken a lot of stick over the past few years, but credit where credit is due.