Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
What did change the game on Saturday? You say you're not sure what happened and neither am I. There was an incident around 65 minutes where Southampton were messing around with it very deep and Diedhiou flew in with a slide tackle then won a corner and gestured to the crowd to make some noise. It seemed to galvanise everyone but, obviously, it would be too simplistic to call it a turning point.

Maybe Diedhiou was feeling that Southampton were starting to tire or settling for the 1-0 and that was the time to get at them. He was, for once, a handful. Meite had been pretty ineffective at centre forward but seemed to have the same idea and started bombing up the right and unsettling Walker-Peters. No great science or end product but the intent was there and it helped to push them back a bit (which helped Conte too).

The pair of them were great with Ashford too. Must be a bit weird for senior pros when youngsters come in and grab the headlines but both players were very encouraging and supportive during the game and Diedhiou spoke well of him in a good interview afterwards. I said about Alan Lee on here that I had respect for him even though I'd seen him play and I feel the same about Diedhiou now.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...2-00ce65baacfc