+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sala case

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I'm guessing the action the club took against McKay was partly to establish if he was simply acting as an agent for the deal or something more.
    I still fail to see what difference this makes as he wasn’t a Nantes player at the time of the crash.

Re: Sala case

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    I still fail to see what difference this makes as he wasn’t a Nantes player at the time of the crash.
    As I understand it the claims before the court are that:
    1. Within the context of French employment law Emiliano was still their employee at his time of death as the documents terminating his employment had not been lodged (or had been improperly lodged).
    2. Given he was still their employee they owed him a duty of care that they neglected through their arrangements with a connected party to Nantes, i.e. the player agency involved and it's employee/representative who arranged an "illegal" flight.
    3. As a result of Nantes negligence Cardiff City suffered financial losses, namely the transfer fee and related costs and the potential earnings from avoiding relegation from the Premier League.