+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sala case

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    You seem to miss the point completely. Cardiff City have already paid for the player and donated a significant sum to the Sala Trust Fund which significantly F C Nantes and the PFA declined to do so. The case revolves around whether Nantes in their dealings with Cardiff re. the Sala transfer employed an unlicenced agent which would be illegal in French law and materially determine the legitimacy of the transfer. Cardiff City are pursuing what their lawyers consider natural justice as they believe the club has been wronged and in that case want compensation for losses incurred. It is no different from me suing a dodgy Gumtree seller that has not delivered to me the goods I paid for.
    I think you need to spend more time outside than inside the Birch!!
    We were happy to deal with McKay and sign his two sons around that time, it is laughable that we are pursuing this like a dog with a bone on the back of that.

Your analogy is not only crass but also incorrect. We signed the player, he was ours. He was “delivered”. The fact he chose to go back to Nantes to collect some belongings does not mean Nantes are suddenly responsible for the subsequent accident due to Sala accepting a less than glamorous private flight from someone who had acted for their club.

Thanks for your concern but I have not touched alcohol in a number of years.

Re: Sala case

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    We were happy to deal with McKay and sign his two sons around that time, it is laughable that we are pursuing this like a dog with a bone on the back of that.

Your analogy is not only crass but also incorrect. We signed the player, he was ours. He was “delivered”. The fact he chose to go back to Nantes to collect some belongings does not mean Nantes are suddenly responsible for the subsequent accident due to Sala accepting a less than glamorous private flight from someone who had acted for their club.

Thanks for your concern but I have not touched alcohol in a number of years.
    FC Nantes are not responsible for anything, their dodgy owner is…he is despised in Nantes