Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Weren't we cosying up to the same agent? Warnock and other club officials had already flown over on the same plane or at least with the same pilot? VI'm sure I remember seeing that at the time.

We also of course had his two sons in our academy suddenly.

I've really lost interest in all this a while ago so I have no real idea about how this will go but other than the insurance settlement the club has lost every case on this.

I'd have liked a line drawn under it long ago. People will say it's easy when it's not my money, well let's hope Tan wins something then as overall the costs must have risen substantially, not forgetting the time and energy being put into this. Premier league club for court cases.
I think you are correct in thinking that our links to McKay, be they direct or indirect, are somewhat concerning. It would be interesting to find out the circumstances of the signing of the McKay twins - was it approved by the Transfer Committee or was the decision delegated to Warnock as it was for the U21s and not the first team?

We know that Dalman, Choo and the Transfer Committee said no to the transfer. Whether that decision was because of the agent involved, the £15m fee, a 5 year contract and £50k per week or all of the above we may never know but it should have ended there. But no, Warnock, not content with that decision went behind the backs of Messrs Dalman and Choo and appealed directly to Tan, the ultimate decision maker. Sadly, he said yes and the rest is history. You can imagine Warnock saying to Tan that he is the expert with promotions galore and that the Transfer Committee haven't got a clue. If we had had football expertise on the Board at the time it might have given weight to the original decision to say no to the deal. However, as we know, Tan doesn't trust anyone so won't countenance such an appointment as a DoF but, at the time, must have trusted Warnock to say yes to the deal.

Perhaps Tan's motivation for pursuing this litigation as far as it can go is not just for obvious financial reasons but also to try and save face as a result of his intervention. After all, if he had trusted his decision makers in Cardiff, we would not be where we are now.