+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 4 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    On that basis, the strongest available side would be the side that finished the Southampton game. Sounds ok to me.
    In my opinion yes, but so far this season we've trusted the older more experienced player.

Would absolutely love to see Giles, Conte, Colwill and Ashford start.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bowler out of contract at Forest this summer.

Linked to Hertha Berlin:

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...hertha-berlin/

I wonder if Bulut (if he stays) wants to try and sign him. So far the media noise about interest in bringing back loan players has been directed at Grant and Phillips (seems unlikely). I wouldn't be enthused about a move for Bowler - but I think he can offer more than he has shown most of this season. If he plays in the last two games it might be a clue to the club's thinking? Although if he plays it is probably more a clue that Bulut has his Plan A and that is what he will go with if he can.

via GIPHY

Linked to Hertha Berlin:

I wonder if Bulut (if he stays) wants to try and sign him. So far the media noise about interest in bringing back loan players has been directed at Grant and Phillips (seems unlikely). I wouldn't be enthused about a move for Bowler - but I think he can offer more than he has shown most of this season. If he plays in the last two games it might be a clue to the club's thinking? Although if he plays it is probably more a clue that Bulut has his Plan A and that is what he will go with if he can.
    I wouldn't be too disappointed if we tried to bring him in on a free

He looks a decent player when we actually have some movement up front, scored a few good goals - yes he's had some very anonymous games but it can't have been much fun playing that role for us this season.

Would rather see Ashford or Davies given game time though

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just got back home.
    Not sure if I can go or not tomorrow, probably be a game time decision.

Can you pay on the gate nowadays?
    You can get a ticket at the ticket office. So not actually at the gate but you can buy on matchday, you get your ticket then scan it at the relevant turnstile.

Linked to Hertha Berlin:

I hear he is on north of 20k a week, i don't think he's had a good season but regardless he'll not even be entertaining anything we could offer. Still young, if he's not stupid he'll go where the money is and milk it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    You can get a ticket at the ticket office. So not actually at the gate but you can buy on matchday, you get your ticket then scan it at the relevant turnstile.
    Thanks Mike.

1 point or Swansea dropping points places us as the No. 1 team in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    I can see from the replies to that tweet the French aren't too happy.

The kids promise lasted long

Even Robinson on the bench.

Colwill injured (Rubin).

Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Tanner; Siopis, Ralls; Ashford, Turnbull, Bowler; Diedhiou.

Subs: Turner, Lawlor, Giles, Wintle, Conte, J. Colwill, Antwi, Sawyers, Robinson

"....Turnbull, Bowler; Diedhiou." what a threat (not). Diabolical not to replace the last two at least....I mean for goodness sake....

To be fair, we don't have any other strikers and I'm not sure who else from the U21s could've been included. Wigley maybe? I don't know what's happened to Caleb Hughes.

He really should have given starts to Giles and Conte after their performances last week. What is the point in playing Bowler and Diedhiou?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    He really should have given starts to Giles and Conte after their performances last week. What is the point in playing Bowler and Diedhiou?
    The only reason Ashford is starting is because grant is out. AS predicted earlier in this thread.

Bulut no balls strikes again..desperate for more points just to save his contract over developing youth

Nearly in from distance from Turnbull, reset the wifi so first thing I managed to see.

How is it not 1-0.

To be fair Conte isn’t a full/wing-back, it would be a big ask for him to play a full game there. It is a bit of a waste to play Bowler I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    The only reason Ashford is starting is because grant is out. AS predicted earlier in this thread.

Bulut no balls strikes again..desperate for more points just to save his contract over developing youth

At best, we will see an influx of youth for the second half. Most likely he will string them out from between the 60th and 80th minutes.

Missed a tap in here to get fans on side, we are simple creatures, I would have been happy today to see a few "kids" start but as predicted he's going for 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    How is it not 1-0.

To be fair Conte isn’t a full/wing-back, it would be a big ask for him to play a full game there. It is a bit of a waste to play Bowler I agree.
    Fullback is where a lot of young midfielders start. The have protection in front of them and to the side. Probably why Archie Gray has been playing rb for Leeds this season, to get him on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    to up his 41 percent win percentage stat.

Quite impressed by Tanner again, for me he’s shown enough in the last couple of starts to think he’s got more of a future at left back than on the wing, he’s better able to use his physical attributes and mask his lack of creativity.

Does Diedhou know how to jump or just back in and get beaten in the air? Maybe he’s doing an Uche tribute in his last home game.

Latte Lath seems to be percolating dangerously.

Absolutely bottled by Diedhiou yet again, shocking

Diedhou....his fault....why is he even playing...

Jesus Christ. That was pathetic.