+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Chase today

The Chase today

Question for one of the contestants was “ In 2015, which football club was forced by fans to change its shirt colour from red back to the traditional blue”
    The contestant, chaser and Bradley all got it right.
    Unless my memory is shot, was it really the fans who forced the u-turn? I thought the majority bought into it when we went up to the promised land?

Re: The Chase today

You need to try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    You need to try harder.
    Did you see the question on the show?

Yes. Lucky guess by the contestant. He thought Erik Ten Hag was Japanese!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Question for one of the contestants was “ In 2015, which football club was forced by fans to change its shirt colour from red back to the traditional blue”
    The contestant, chaser and Bradley all got it right.
    Unless my memory is shot, was it really the fans who forced the u-turn? I thought the majority bought into it when we went up to the promised land?
    It wasn't the Fans it was Vinny's mums idea

Not sure of the definition of 'forced' but it sounds about right to me. The protests only grew and grew until the rebrand was reversed. I despised the rebrand and the protests were one of my favourite times as a City fan, weirdly.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Not sure of the definition of 'forced' but it sounds about right to me. The protests only grew and grew until the rebrand was reversed. I despised the rebrand and the protests were one of my favourite times as a City fan, weirdly.
    Do you support the Club or colour of the shirt? There are many Clubs that have changed colours, City did in circa 1909 from chocolate and amber to blue and white. Leeds are another so-called big club from blue/gold quarters to all white at the insistence of Don Revie who wanted them to be the Real Madrid of England. It’s not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Do you support the Club or colour of the shirt? There are many Clubs that have changed colours, City did in circa 1909 from chocolate and amber to blue and white. Leeds are another so-called big club from blue/gold quarters to all white at the insistence of Don Revie who wanted them to be the Real Madrid of England. It’s not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I think you're in the minority with that statement.

Along with many others, I continued to wear blue throughout our "red" period, and I believe our continued protests did force Vinnie into the change back to blue.
    He put out the story of his mum telling him to do so just to try to save face ("it was mu mum, not you fans")

Cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cobblers
    So glad you agree.

So glad you agree.
    If you think cardiff city changing their colours was not a big deal then you are either delusional or being daft for the sake of it

Cobblers
    Don't think they've ever changed kit colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Don't think they've ever changed kit colour.
    Even bloody Northampton Town kept their colours !

Even bloody Northampton Town kept their colours !
    Cobblers

Imo, if we’d have beaten Blackpool in the play off final, the colour change would never have happened.
    If we’d have stayed up under Malky, and kicked on a bit, we’d still be in red now.

The biggest protests seem to start when we were struggling in the prem.

If you think cardiff city changing their colours was not a big deal then you are either delusional or being daft for the sake of it
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The biggest protests seem to start when we were struggling in the prem.
    It was after we got relegated and the numbers dropped like a stone.
    The vast majority of the away support remained blue all through, so not everyone bought into it.

WUM

Ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    WUM

Ignore.
    Fool. Also ignore.

I seem to remember we went back to blue almost immediately after an exceptionally low attendance on tv. So arguably the chase question is correct but I’d say the change was forced through apathy rather than action

It wasn't just the fans, but they definitely had a say in it

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It was after we got relegated and the numbers dropped like a stone.
    The vast majority of the away support remained blue all through, so not everyone bought into it.
    I don’t think many bought into it, but it’s funny what success can do.