+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Frankie

Our Frankie

Well known City fan, Frankie Humphries, has just come out of major surgery to improve his mobility. A few months to recuperate, in time for another season. All the best Frank

Re: Our Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well known City fan, Frankie Humphries, has just come out of major surgery to improve his mobility. A few months to recuperate, in time for another season. All the best Frank
    He is a top man

Always remember going away to ManCity in the cup around 1981?
    Great times, all the best for a speedy recovery Frankle👍

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Always remember going away to ManCity in the cup around 1981?
    Great times, all the best for a speedy recovery Frankle👍
    I went on the special train to that game , 3-1 to Citeh …. Paul Maddy scored I think for us and Trevor Francis scored a couple for Citeh

Frankie do the ayatollah!

Top fella. All the best.

All the best mate

When I first started going to away games, as a somewhat nervous teenager in my mid-teens, I always felt comforted to see big Frankie stood nearby.

Get well soon, Frankie!

Only really got to know Frankie when I took my only Grandstand season ticket for our 2002/03 promotion season, he was sat behind us and was very friendly - a top bloke in my experience

Glad to hear, he's going to be able to get to games again.

International

Get well soon

[QUOTE=Rock_Flock_of_Five;5506448]When I first started going to away games, as a somewhat nervous teenager in my mid-teens, I always felt comforted to see big Frankie stood nearby.

I think a lot of us going away in the 70's were always glad to see Frankie (and the Barry Boys - Desi and Donald RIP) at away games.

[QUOTE=Big_Bill_Irwin_Fan;5506541]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    When I first started going to away games, as a somewhat nervous teenager in my mid-teens, I always felt comforted to see big Frankie stood nearby.

I think a lot of us going away in the 70's were always glad to see Frankie (and the Barry Boys - Desi and Donald RIP) at away games.
    Do you mean desi as in black desi , Melbourne?

The O`Connor brothers.
    Top lads.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Been on many away days on coaches arranged by Frankie & the Barry boys. Get well big man.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

He is as people say A top man.

Where have the years gone. It doesn’t seem long ago that we were absolutely bolloxed outside the pub on the mud or at some pub in north London when Wales were playing England and we were taking a group photo in the beer garden when the table collapsed and we all ended on the floor.

I know he reads this Board. Get well soon Big Frank

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    He is as people say A top man.

Where have the years gone. It doesn’t seem long ago that we were absolutely bolloxed outside the pub on the mud or at some pub in north London when Wales were playing England and we were taking a group photo in the beer garden when the table collapsed and we all ended on the floor.

I know he reads this Board. Get well soon Big Frank
    I was on that table, it was in the beer garden of The Green Man. (I’m sure that’s the name of the pub)

I was on that table, it was in the beer garden of The Green Man. (I’m sure that’s the name of the pub)
    What, literally lying on the table?
    I know City fans like to have a chest-full at away games, but c'mon...

Fk me yes. That’s the one. The Green Man ��

What, literally lying on the table?
    I know City fans like to have a chest-full at away games, but c'mon...
    Bodies everywhere. I don’t think much if any beer was spilled though. Thank god ��

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Bodies everywhere. I don’t think much if any beer was spilled though. Thank god ��
    I’m sure there was a hammock or a hammock type swinging seat involved as well. Wembley was practically empty that night, 20 odd thousand attendance I think. Great day out though, f*cking crackers, up there early, boat trip at Windsor, (drink available on the boat, pubs shut between 3 & half 5 in those days), fun & games in Trafalgar Sq, some right characters involved. The win made it complete.