+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst sweets debate

Re: Worst sweets debate

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Those little tiny violet things. What were they called? I thought they were Midget Gems, but now I think that's something else.
    parmer violets maybe

First Team

Those little tiny violet things. What were they called? I thought they were Midget Gems, but now I think that's something else.
    Midget Gems are a top of the Premiership treat.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    parmer violets maybe
    They always smelled like the inside of a lady's reticule.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They always smelled like the inside of a lady's reticule.
    You dirty bas***d lol

Those ultra-sour candies? They're like a face-puckering rollercoaster ride through flavor town. They're the kind of sweet that'll make you question all your life choices, especially when you hit that peak of sourness. But hey, to each their own, right?

Parma violets. Always eat them when none of the kids want them at xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Midget Gems are a top of the Premiership treat.
    I find the supermarket ones better than the Maynards ones

Chocolate limes. how the hell did they catch on?! A lime flavoured boiled sweet with a soft cheapo chocolate centre

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    The Tesco toffee chocolate eclairs are far better than the Cadbury ones too, if you can get them. They sell out fast!
    in The Western Ave shop

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    By far the most sickly confectionery I can recall is Caramac. Makes me nauseous just to say the word. Not too far behind was a Bar Six, which is like a desiccated version of KitKat.

Unlike the the OP I love Fry's Turkish Delight. Very moreish.
    I like Caramac!, and fondly remember Bar Six. (is it still around?)

Creme eggs, however, sickly goo, egg-shaped diabetes.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Agreed.
    The M&S ones are my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The Tesco toffee chocolate eclairs are far better than the Cadbury ones too, if you can get them. They sell out fast!
    in The Western Ave shop
    Always available where I go, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Agreed.
    The M&S ones are my favourites.
    I've tries Tesco Asda and Sainsbury's all better than the big brand Maynards.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I like Caramac!, and fondly remember Bar Six. (is it still around?)

Creme eggs, however, sickly goo, egg-shaped diabetes.
    I know it's each to their own Bob but c'mon ! Caramac and Bar Six should be dished out as a punishment not a treat. I really hope Bar Six has been confined to the annals of history. A confectionery abomination.

Now Creme Eggs......mmmmmm.

Am I the only person on God's Earth who remembers a chocolate bar from the early 60's called Bliss. It was about the length of a Picnic with about 6 segments. Each segment had a creme and walnut filling. I was gutted when they were discontinued.

Soor plooms (Scottish for 'sour plums') were grim, as were coconut mushrooms, Imps and Spanish root.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Soor plooms (Scottish for 'sour plums') were grim, as were coconut mushrooms, Imps and Spanish root.
    Coconut mushrooms. I remember them. Whoever had that idea was completely stoned, Why not coconut flavoured Coconuts?

Cardboard Shrimp

Black Magic chocolates.

I was on lunch break last week and decided to go to this British shop I haven't been to in years. I bought a Crunchie, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, a massive bar of Cadbury's, Cramel Wafers and various other treats. It's almost all gone! I'm enjoying the last of the Cadbury's with a glass of milk right now. Simple pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Chocolate limes. how the hell did they catch on?! A lime flavoured boiled sweet with a soft cheapo chocolate centre
    Never heard of them, I’m willing to give most foodstuffs a try, but I’d pass on one of those.

Surprised at the number in the thread who don’t like Caramac, I used to eat it quite regularly as a kid, but are they still around these days? I’ve not tasted one for over fifty years I’d guess and the thought of one turns me off now because any sort of sweet is a very occasional treat these days and, a bit like white chocolate, I’d class Caramac as being too bad for my ancient body - if someone suddenly proved sweets are good for your health, I think id still be eating Caramac and white chocolate - maybe not at the same time mind.

I was on lunch break last week and decided to go to this British shop I haven't been to in years. I bought a Crunchie, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, a massive bar of Cadbury's, Cramel Wafers and various other treats. It's almost all gone! I'm enjoying the last of the Cadbury's with a glass of milk right now. Simple pleasures.
    Shirley it should be a glass and a half

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never heard of them, I’m willing to give most foodstuffs a try, but I’d pass on one of those.

Surprised at the number in the thread who don’t like Caramac, I used to eat it quite regularly as a kid, but are they still around these days? I’ve not tasted one for over fifty years I’d guess and the thought of one turns me off now because any sort of sweet is a very occasional treat these days and, a bit like white chocolate, I’d class Caramac as being too bad for my ancient body - if someone suddenly proved sweets are good for your health, I think id still be eating Caramac and white chocolate - maybe not at the same time mind.
    They sell Caramac magnums in M&S, nice !

Milky Bar(s are on me!), sickly white chocolate disaster for babies.

Those yellow cardboard tubes of sherbert with a thick liquorice stick in it. Used to throw the liquorice stick away, suck up the sherbert straight into the lungs and, as an 8 year old, cough like a 70 year old miner with emphysema.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Milky Bar(s are on me!), sickly white chocolate disaster for babies.

Those yellow cardboard tubes of sherbert with a thick liquorice stick in it. Used to throw the liquorice stick away, suck up the sherbert straight into the lungs and, as an 8 year old, cough like a 70 year old miner with emphysema.