+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst sweets debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Worst sweets debate

Am I the only person on God's Earth who remembers a chocolate bar from the early 60's called Bliss. It was about the length of a Picnic with about 6 segments. Each segment had a creme and walnut filling. I was gutted when they were discontinued.

Soor plooms (Scottish for 'sour plums') were grim, as were coconut mushrooms, Imps and Spanish root.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Soor plooms (Scottish for 'sour plums') were grim, as were coconut mushrooms, Imps and Spanish root.
    Coconut mushrooms. I remember them. Whoever had that idea was completely stoned, Why not coconut flavoured Coconuts?

Cardboard Shrimp

Black Magic chocolates.

I was on lunch break last week and decided to go to this British shop I haven't been to in years. I bought a Crunchie, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, a massive bar of Cadbury's, Cramel Wafers and various other treats. It's almost all gone! I'm enjoying the last of the Cadbury's with a glass of milk right now. Simple pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was on lunch break last week and decided to go to this British shop I haven't been to in years. I bought a Crunchie, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, a massive bar of Cadbury's, Cramel Wafers and various other treats. It's almost all gone! I'm enjoying the last of the Cadbury's with a glass of milk right now. Simple pleasures.
    Shirley it should be a glass and a half

Milky Bar(s are on me!), sickly white chocolate disaster for babies.

Those yellow cardboard tubes of sherbert with a thick liquorice stick in it. Used to throw the liquorice stick away, suck up the sherbert straight into the lungs and, as an 8 year old, cough like a 70 year old miner with emphysema.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Milky Bar(s are on me!), sickly white chocolate disaster for babies.

Those yellow cardboard tubes of sherbert with a thick liquorice stick in it. Used to throw the liquorice stick away, suck up the sherbert straight into the lungs and, as an 8 year old, cough like a 70 year old miner with emphysema.

Aniseed balls & Tiger nuts were probably the worst ones growing up as a kid.
    The best was a Penny Arrow which was a strip of thin toffee in a wrapper of different flavours.

Dolly Mixtures. Pick the jelly ones out and watch the rest become some kind of bad batch of heroin for sugar addicts!

Wham Bars.They'd take your teeth out better than any Dentist.

Lion Bars

Like eating gravel with chocolate mixed in

Drumsticks

Teeth breakers

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Whenever I was given one as a kid I always ended up cutting my tongue in one of the fissures that opened during sucking
    Yeah, you're right. It was a double-whammy... 'orrible taste and lacerations to your tongue!

Blimey guvner. Some right old Cadbury's Flakes in this thread.

One of my guilty pleasures used to be sucking a travel sweet.....

.....at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    its just over priced chocolate, grow a pair.
    Turkish delight should be banned
    Love it.

Full of Eastern promise

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Another vote for licorice.
    Especially those ones with the beads/seed stuff around them.
    It’s a shame because the coconut ones and the sandwich type (dolly mixture material either side) are nice, but you have to take the licorice off
    And another for licorice..

Skinny one with a flat bit at the top about 2 inches long 😋

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Fixed it!
    Brilliant 👏

I used to love Turkish Delight
    A few years ago I was walking through central London when I spied two gorgeous women dressed in flimsy clothes. They were standing outside a shop and holding trays of little coloured cubes that looked like they were dusted in sugar.
    Great! Free sweets I thought.
    I picked a pink one, popped it in my mouth, a quick chew and swallowed it.
    I started feeling sick and had a horrible taste in my mouth then I realised that the women were standing outside a beauty shop and what I thought was Turkish Delight were small samples of perfumed soap.
    I had to spend quite some time in a nearby pub to get reid of the taste.

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    I used to love Turkish Delight
    A few years ago I was walking through central London when I spied two gorgeous women dressed in flimsy clothes. They were standing outside a shop and holding trays of little coloured cubes that looked like they were dusted in sugar.
    Great! Free sweets I thought.
    I picked a pink one, popped it in my mouth, a quick chew and swallowed it.
    I started feeling sick and had a horrible taste in my mouth then I realised that the women were standing outside a beauty shop and what I thought was Turkish Delight were small samples of perfumed soap.
    I had to spend quite some time in a nearby pub to get reid of the taste.
    As Captain Mainwaring would say, "You stupid boy !"

Sherbet Dips

Bons Bons…. although now I’ve just typed that they don’t look real. Have I made them up?

Kop Kops.

I win.

You’re welcome.