Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
Yeah, Cathays.

There was literally ripped open black bags strewn across the floor, broken windows and the people looked miserable as feck, which is either a symptom or a cause.

To be fair, a few houses looked like they had pride about them but it was like pissing in the wind.

It was quite oppressive and I couldn't wait to get on the M4.

The reason why I've been moved enough to post my observations is because I've been thinking a lot recently about the society we live in and questioning when we lost our sense of our environment. It would be very difficult to pinpoint a definitive time, of course but it seems to have got worse in the last 10 years or so.
Most local areas the same I think.

They've upgraded the kids playground by us, new pitch laid for football/basketball its all nicely fenced (old one wasn't and every goal would mean a kid running miles to retrieve the ball) and the whole park is just full of litter from the kids who have absolutely no respect for the area, it's definitely helped in getting more kids out to play rather than sitting on their tablets at home, but they just don't look after anything, who do you blame for that?