Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
More than anything I just disagree with you labelling people "thick" and misrepresenting what happened based on a programme you didn't watch and the sharing of a video edited to end before the questioned was answered.

It suits your narrative and that's why you did it. Not an interest in the pursuit of truth. It's gutter politics IMO.

And as I said earlier. I don't for one second believe you think he believes Rwanda and DR Congo are the same country any more than Susan Hall thinks she will be the next Labour mayor or Diane Abbott thinks you can employ a police officer for £100 a year or whatever she said.

The irony is these kind of videos and the kind of posts you made will be made throughout politics nationally and globally and it's why populism rises. Short, snappy and unrepresentative videos designed fundamentally to mislead.

Well done! Lock her up! Sleepy Joe! The Politician doesn't know Rwanda from Congo! etc etc. It's all the same playbook. We all lose because there are plenty like you on the right too.
You're so selective in the way you put your arguments. First, you've ignored my first paragraph where I point out that the man who asked the question clearly stated that the two countries concerned are neighbours., That appeared in the video I first linked, so there's enough there to justify the incredulity which greeted Philp's rhetorical or otherwise question without having to watch any more..

You home in me saying I hadn't watched the Question Time at the time I started the thread, I have done now and I saw nothing in it to justify the lengths you've gone to defending a Minister who, as I've shown by posting that I article, has previous for this sort of thing.

Let's get it clear about my use of the word "idiot" as well. What I said was that the Philp could be considered an idiot compared to his predecessors in other Conservative Governments. A man so error prone as him would have been unlikely to get a job in many previous Tory administrations because he wouldn't have been good enough - the ineptitude of so many with jobs in the current Government is another sign of the damage done by Johnson when he kicked out experienced Parliamentarians who could have been moderating influences on some of the Government's wilder excesses. Although I didn't just come out and call Philp an idiot, there was a context to it that you arena't acknowledging, the more I learn about the man, the more it becomes clear, I should have just forgotten that context and made your day be calling him an idiot straight out because that's how he came over on Thursday night.