+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sory Kaba

Sory Kaba

Sory Kaba has scored just one La Liga goal for Las Palmas this season, and that was against bottom side Almeria. His league stats since joining the club in August read as follows:

8 (+8) appearances, 1 goal

Kaba scored some vital goals for City during the second half of last season without ever looking much good. His first touch in particular was often terrible. He hit a real purple patch during his time here, which was a godsend under the circumstances, but I reckon his stats this season give an indication of his true abilities.

Would Kaba have scored many goals in City's current side given the way in which Bulut sets up? I somehow doubt it. After all, he was usually playing alongside Etete or Wickham under Lamouchi. I don't think he'd have fared quite so well as a lone striker under the current manager.

Re: Sory Kaba

Doesn’t mean he’s crap.

But he is crap.

Good finisher, not much good at anything else.

All our other current forwards aren't good at anything.

He seemed quite clinical here, I think over a full season he would have been well into double figures at least.

Can only really base it on how he was at this level last season.

Upper body control was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Upper body control was very good.
    Shame about the control with his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Shame about the control with his feet.
    Well, yes. He served a purpose, his goals kept us up. Big, very strong and assertive in the penalty box. We dodged a bullet though as he's no player.

Sory Kaba has scored just one La Liga goal for Las Palmas this season, and that was against bottom side Almeria. His league stats since joining the club in August read as follows:

Kaba scored some vital goals for City during the second half of last season without ever looking much good. His first touch in particular was often terrible. He hit a real purple patch during his time here, which was a godsend under the circumstances, but I reckon his stats this season give an indication of his true abilities.

Would Kaba have scored many goals in City's current side given the way in which Bulut sets up? I somehow doubt it. After all, he was usually playing alongside Etete or Wickham under Lamouchi. I don't think he'd have fared quite so well as a lone striker under the current manager.
    Posters often comment that Cardiff City FC is a graveyard for strikers.

But then we have examples like Kaba and Zohore that more than buck that alleged trend.

Cardiff - the home of Purple Patches!

He probably kept us up, he was a great additon in that January window.

But I agree he wasn’t very good, his general play and fitness wasn’t great.

Says a lot that I would still start him here right now, I think he would have got more goals than what we have.

We played 2 big lads up top and went very direct so the ball was in the box more, Kaba was a composed finisher and we needed him.

No idea what a Bulut striker looks like and with the deafening silence i doubt we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Posters often comment that Cardiff City FC is a graveyard for strikers.

But then we have examples like Kaba and Zohore that more than buck that alleged trend.

Cardiff - the home of Purple Patches!
    Good save I was just about to post the graveyard thing until I read your post. I like the twist.

Edit: just to add I always enjoyed watching him for us. He was great fun. Played with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, yes. He served a purpose, his goals kept us up. Big, very strong and assertive in the penalty box. We dodged a bullet though as he's no player.
    He certainly knew where the net way, I agree, full season here would have seen him hit double figures

Thank goodness that we signed him instead of Diedhiou in January 2023.