+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Bowler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Josh Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Well,I don't rate Bowler as I think he's a one trick pony that's easy to work out and I've been a Bulut fan since day one.
    This^^^

A winger with no pace to me is a left back.
    Problem is, he is not a left back because he couldn't tackle a good dinner.

Give him the ball wherever on the pitch and he slows it down, looking to commit his man.
    Any defender worth his salt will suss him out and many this season have done exactly this.

Must be good though coz he is left footed and wears a headband

Edit:
    I should add that he does do the odd thing that many in our squad have not got the nous to do so I can see why EB picks him.

Re: Josh Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This^^^

A winger with no pace to me is a left back.
    Problem is, he is not a left back because he couldn't tackle a good dinner.

Give him the ball wherever on the pitch and he slows it down, looking to commit his man.
    Any defender worth his salt will suss him out and many this season have done exactly this.

Must be good though coz he is left footed and wears a headband

Edit:
    I should add that he does do the odd thing that many in our squad have not got the nous to do so I can see why EB picks him.
    Yeah, he's not really a winger, a wide midfielder, there is a difference, starting position. Wide players don't have to have pace, it helps, but good feet can be enough, or the ability to create a little bit of space in order to deliver the cross.