+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stan Collymore on VAR

Stan Collymore on VAR

Re: Stan Collymore on VAR

What a load of bollox !!!!!

It is utterly pathetic and not what football is about.

I really really hope we don’t see this in the Championship as I honestly can’t be bothered.

If we’re going to obsess about 1mm of foot being over a line at the precise millisecond the ball is kicked (they can’t pause at that moment accurately by the way) then surely this incredible AI we hear about can do that? Or is it actually just a poem writing technology

I really dislike it.

When you need to get into talking about crosshairs and get the ruler out you're not officiating football anymore.

Clear and obvious errors only should be the motto.

I’d like to see VAR scrapped altogether. So glad that it isn’t used for our games. And even if they decide to keep it, I think they should swap offsides to the cricket version of lbw where if it’s not obvious then you go with the umpires call. Sometimes it shows the ball may have just hit the outside of the stumps, but the decision is not out as the impact was marginal. Drawing lines In football and losing the spontaneity spoils the game for me I’m sorry

so obvious that all it needs is to go to an appeals system like cricket or tennis.

each side gets 2 appeals per game that can be scrutinized to the nth degree, everything else you go with the referee's decision