+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 41.67%

41.67%

Since the 2014/2015 season, the coach and coaching team with the highest winning percentage at Cardiff City has been Erol Bulut and his coach staff, with 41.67%

Hope we get the Erol Bulut we want you to stay chant ringing around the ground today he deserves it

who can argue with facts like that in the last 10 years

Re: 41.67%

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Since the 2014/2015 season, the coach and coaching team with the highest winning percentage at Cardiff City has been Erol Bulut and his coach staff, with 41.67%

Hope we get the Erol Bulut we want you to stay chant ringing around the ground today he deserves it

Well I know of at least two on here that would and will be working as I type to counter this very interesting and positive stat

Definitely.

By all accounts we were on the verge on bringing back SM before Bulut was recommended. Whatever your opinions on SM, such a situation arising is laughable and yet entirely predictable with Tan.

I will have no faith in a suitable replacement being found which seems will be needed given we are now well into April.

Whatever the opinions on style of play the club can't grow on employing managers for 12 months or less. There needs to be some consistency.

The fact we still don't know for certain if Bulut will be here (I'd assume not) at this stage of the season is such a ridiculous way to run the playing side of the club. Beyond a joke really.

For me the more pertinent fact is that I have been bored sh!tless for 90% of the time at home matches.
    I am pleased with the points haul but that is all. Consequently I am completely ambivalent as to Mr Bulut's future.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well I know of at least two on here that would and will be working as I type to counter this very interesting and positive stat

no doubt this stat will appear in the WOL in about 6 hours time

It's also incredibly close to the most important number in the universe.

It's a great stat, to be fair. Sadly, our loss percentage has been something very similar. You can use statistics to say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    For me the more pertinent fact is that I have been bored sh!tless for 90% of the time at home matches.
    I am pleased with the points haul but that is all. Consequently I am completely ambivalent as to Mr Bulut's future.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's a great stat, to be fair. Sadly, our loss percentage has been something very similar. You can use statistics to say anything.
    Loss percentage statistics have never been used however for working out what standard a manager is, whereas win percentage is the established method.

Come on Vinnie, make an announcement so we can start arguing about something else.

(Probably whether it was the right decision or not, to be fair.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    That's because Bulut is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

no doubt this stat will appear in the WOL in about 6 hours time
    😄

I was about to reply with a similar quip.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Loss percentage statistics have never been used however for working out what standard a manager is, whereas win percentage is the established method.
    The established method would be the same for win and loss percentage, no? Or doesn't that suit your opinion?

The win percentage is obviously positive, but people are not moaning about that are they, its the style of football and lack of opportunity for youth I see most people bashing him for.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    But don't forget the 2words that followed that historic answer?

I am currently listening to the last 10 minutes of our game from last week, the brilliant thing about the club website is that they replay the full 90 minute game https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_xahhemv7

So far from the 80 mins mark ive hear a single chant which lasted a few seconds around the 83.45 mark. Currently on 90.05 and nothing since..the Rubin Colwill chant was louder after he skinned the 2 soton defenders

95.30 and still nothing more. Does it come after Ashford scores and we are winning? Probably just adrenaline and excitement? Surely if the fans were big on it they'd have been singing it before the winning goal? Approaching 100 minutes and heard nothing else since the 83rd minute? oh hang on another single chant in 102.30 dies out as quick as it starts. You had me under the impression it was reverberating around the ground for prolonged periods. Final whistle at a 106 minutes. Heard nothing else. It's there for anyone to go back and listen to. Why lie Mozz?

It would be a more accurate scenario to see the average points per game statsgame stats

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

You know what else is positive? Wanting to bring through youth at the club and hoping to see a better team on the pitch.

Disliking someone's football philosophy (feel dirty calling Bulutball a philosophy ) isn't being negative, wanting better for the club isn't being negative. If thats the narrative you want to spin then crack on, having a different opinion isn't being negative

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    You know what else is positive? Wanting to bring through youth at the club and hoping to see a better team on the pitch.

Disliking someone's football philosophy (feel dirty calling Bulutball a philosophy ) isn't being negative, wanting better for the club isn't being negative. If thats the narrative you want to spin then crack on, having a different opinion isn't being negative
    Erol Bulut we want you to stay

Away

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    It's there for anyone to go back and listen to
    I'm going to take a punt and say that no one else will bother to listen to the last ten minutes of a football match to analyze the level of chanting for the manager

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm going to take a punt and say that no one else will bother to listen to the last ten minutes of a football match to analyze the level of chanting for the manager
    The BBC iPlayer NYE 2023 fireworks display are still up for 8 months. They must think there's someone out there who's going to stream it. I posted a link on the Alt Board. Strangely, nobody replied (probably spoiled the surprise now too).

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I know.

But now Mozzer knows I know he was lying, which was the main purpose of the post

In terms of league games, our win percentage this season is 42.2%. That's a good figure and our fifth best at this level since 2003. In terms of other stats, I don't find many that are positive and make me think that we can push on from this season next year.

21 defeats is the 6th highest at this level in our history. 14 of those defeats have been by 2 or more goals, the highest in this division in our history and third highest across all divisions. Only on 4 other occasions have we finished in the top half of a division and conceded more than we have this season. We have conceded 3 or more goals on 9 occasions, the highest in this division since relegation in 1985. Only 4 times in our history in the second tier have we won fewer games by 2 or more goals. If we fail to beat Rotherham next weekend we'll have the joint worst goal difference in league history for a team finishing in the top half. I could continue with several more.

Yet somehow, despite what are a raft of stats that are quite simply poor, we've managed to win as many as we have. I'm not suggesting we haven't made some progress - in terms of the league table we certainly have, but do I believe Bulut could take us up another level next season given we'll hardly be spending lots in the summer? I don't.

Mozz, you gonna respond or just keep making new threads and accept that you're a liar?

Can you remember back when you fell in love with football?

Was it because we had a 41.67% win rate... or was it the excitement of watching your hero's play a game of entertaining football?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Can you remember back when you fell in love with football?

Was it because we had a 41.67% win rate... or was it the excitement of watching your hero's play a game of entertaining football?
    He is avoiding this thread because he's been outed as a liar