+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tory MP defects to Labour.

Tory MP defects to Labour.

Re: Tory MP defects to Labour.

2 stand-out quotes from this BBC piece:

"The MP, who still works on NHS wards, said he had been thinking about quitting the Conservatives for the last few months, having been first elected in 2010. The strain on the NHS made his mind up".

"He suggested the party had stopped valuing public services, saying: "The difficulty for the Conservative Party is that the party I was elected into valued public services... it had a compassionate view about supporting the more disadvantaged in society".

Both of which I think are absolute w*nk. I'm very glad he's standing down as an MP at the next election. I'm not sure I'd trust his decision-making as a Dr either.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

"The MP, who still works on NHS wards, said he had been thinking about quitting the Conservatives for the last few months, having been first elected in 2010. The strain on the NHS made his mind up".

"He suggested the party had stopped valuing public services, saying: "The difficulty for the Conservative Party is that the party I was elected into valued public services... it had a compassionate view about supporting the more disadvantaged in society".

Both of which I think are absolute w*nk. I'm very glad he's standing down as an MP at the next election. I'm not sure I'd trust his decision-making as a Dr either.
    BTW, I think they're w*nk because it's taken him 14 years to work out the strain on the NHS and that he thought (in 2010 presumably) that the Conservative Party have valued public services and have been compassionate about supporting the more disadvantaged in society for the last 30 odd years.

He was also part of the crowd that set the austerity train rolling. Where did he think that ride was going to lead?

BTW, I think they're w*nk because it's taken him 14 years to work out the strain on the NHS and that he thought (in 2010 presumably) that the Conservative Party have valued public services and have been compassionate about supporting the more disadvantaged in society for the last 30 odd years.

He was also part of the crowd that set the austerity train rolling. Where did he think that ride was going to lead?
    How a doctor in the nhs can not only vote Tory but stand as an mp and then support the twats health policy .....that he thought was compassionate ......is beyond

Now he thinks they are not compassionate so he's jumping ship ?

The blokes a psychiatrist ?

He needs to see one

He said that he could no longer look his NHS colleagues in the eye being a conservative

I am surprised he hasn't ended up in casualty himself being so open about his support for the conservatives since 2010

Maybe some of his junior doctors were planning on lynching him so he jumped ship

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    How a doctor in the nhs can not only vote Tory but stand as an mp and then support the twats health policy .....that he thought was compassionate ......is beyond

Now he thinks they are not compassionate so he's jumping ship ?

The blokes a psychiatrist ?

He needs to see one
    If he is a psychiatrist then it wouldn’t surprise me to be honest. I agree. He really has been delusional for a long time. Imagine having him treat you knowing he was a Tory MP and supported massive cuts to public services and social care!

If he is a psychiatrist then it wouldn’t surprise me to be honest. I agree. He really has been delusional for a long time. Imagine having him treat you knowing he was a Tory MP and supported massive cuts to public services and social care!
    Talk about being on different planets

I have never met a tory voting NHS worker but they are clearly out there

I would have him washing up in the canteen