+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joel Colwill

Joel Colwill

thought he looked the part today when he came on

another fine prospect lets hope starts next week

Re: Joel Colwill

Thought he did well considering the circumstances.

It was nice to see him take command of the midfield. Although I thought we weren't utilising him to his strengths. I think he's more box to box than a deep lying playmaker.

Agreed should start next week. Offered more than Siopis.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    thought he looked the part today when he came on

another fine prospect lets hope starts next week
    If Bulut stays you won't see him after Rotherham away until game week 44 next season.

But yes, looked comfortable and grew into the game, but you are doolaly if you reckon Bulut will use them in any meaningful way.

I thought he improved us when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I thought he improved us when he came on.
    Agree. They look a lot more comfortable on the ball.

He looks weedy and underfed - the traditional look of a Cardiff City academy prospect. Conte looks the part though, much quicker and stronger on the ball. If anyone makes it, it'll be him..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He looks weedy and underfed - the traditional look of a Cardiff City academy prospect. Conte looks the part though, much quicker and stronger on the ball. If anyone makes it, it'll be him..
    He is 2 years older than Colwill to be fair so you'd expect him to be more developed physically.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He is 2 years older than Colwill to be fair so you'd expect him to be more developed physically.
    Wrong way round. Joel is 19 Rubin has just turned 22

You obvs knew that just looks like a typo

I thought he looked nervous, a little lost at times but that’s to be expected a little, some good work also. So frustrating he hasnt had more minutes to allow him to settle into the games more.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wrong way round. Joel is 19 Rubin has just turned 22

You obvs knew that just looks like a typo
    Think he’s comparing Conte and J Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Conte looks a very decent prospect. A good footballer who isn't afraid to carry the ball forward. Not sure that Colwill showed too much today.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Think he’s comparing Conte and J Colwill
    My mistake sorry

We improved with Colwill on the pitch, but was that more due to Middlesbrough “declaring” at 4-0? Although Ashford found it harder going yesterday and missed a pretty good chance, there were still some good things from him ( notably when he created a chance that a fit and focussed Robinson would have done better with) and I don’t think Conte, Giles and Colwill were the problem - the first two confirmed the good impression they made last week and, although I expected him to do better with that corner which was played to him late on, Colwill didn’t suffer in comparison to Ralls, Siopis and Wintle.

I am assuming the Abbo leak is deliberate and Bulut is staying then lets get one thing straight, Joel will not be in the first-team squad next season for many reasons.

We are still awash with CM's
    Eli King returns to that number
    He needs to learn and make mistakes in the men's game at a lower level, although we are going to struggle to find a team that plays like us.
    One of his main attributes appears mobility but that means losing formation and thats a no-no in the 1980s Italian take on 4231

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Thought he did well considering the circumstances.

It was nice to see him take command of the midfield. Although I thought we weren't utilising him to his strengths. I think he's more box to box than a deep lying playmaker.

Agreed should start next week. Offered more than Siopis.
    I also thought he did better than Sio.

Looked composed and lit some decent tackles in.

Sio is a strange one, when we win he seems to be a big part of it, but then we lose and you wonder if he was actually on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I am assuming the Abbo leak is deliberate and Bulut is staying then lets get one thing straight, Joel will not be in the first-team squad next season for many reasons.

We are still awash with CM's
    Eli King returns to that number
    He needs to learn and make mistakes in the men's game at a lower level, although we are going to struggle to find a team that plays like us.
    One of his main attributes appears mobility but that means losing formation and thats a no-no in the 1980s Italian take on 4231
    Adams and Rino to come back too.

Although I’d expect both to leave

I quite like Rino , but he’s surely going to want to get regular football
    Derby fans are raving over Adams and there’s a possibility of a fee there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Sio is a strange one, when we win he seems to be a big part of it, but then we lose and you wonder if he was actually on the pitch.
    The bar is low with its fans. Siopis having energy left to bomb around aimlessly after 90 mins is impressive to some. Much rather someone in there who can put their foot on the ball with a bit of composure, have the ability to pick a pass and can tackle. I'd rather see J Colwill make mistakes as the season goes on and improve at the end of it than see Siopis run around offering the same on game 46 that he did in week 1. Listen to some and thats probably a negative opinion

Yeah it’s a strange one and totally agree. Generally I feel like he plays a lot better with Ralls, he needs someone physical alongside him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I thought he looked nervous, a little lost at times but that’s to be expected a little, some good work also. So frustrating he hasnt had more minutes to allow him to settle into the games more.
    Me to - he looked shaky and nervous. Ashford, Conte and Giles looked much more confident and took it in their stride.
    They all need game time next week, they all need to know it is a must win game and they need to feel the pressure of a match where the win is vital.

Sitting on the bench without coming on so many times probably didn't help his nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Me to - he looked shaky and nervous. Ashford, Conte and Giles looked much more confident and took it in their stride.
    They all need game time next week, they all need to know it is a must win game and they need to feel the pressure of a match where the win is vital.
    Hope they all START!!

I don't think Sio is good enough. He's OK, has a good engine but doesn’t give us physique, creativity or goals.

If we are to go a little further next season, it is one area we will need to upgrade.

I haven't seen him play, but may i just add that i think he's brilliant. I'm hoping that only one Colwill plays, at a time, just to save confusion on here for when we start threads slagging them off.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I don't think Sio is good enough. He's OK, has a good engine but doesn’t give us physique, creativity or goals.

If we are to go a little further next season, it is one area we will need to upgrade.
    Bulut brought in Siopis and Turnbull, and gave new contracts to Wintle and Ralls. Therefore, my hopes for a midfield upgrade are somewhat limited.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bulut brought in Siopis and Turnbull, and gave new contracts to Wintle and Ralls. Therefore, my hopes for a midfield upgrade are somewhat limited.
    It's fine. It's all part of the plan to tighten up defensively and concede less.