+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Lovely Pic from 1968

A Lovely Pic from 1968

Re: A Lovely Pic from 1968

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Wow I remember that game. I think it was televised on HTV (now ITV Wales) the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Such a good picture that for me (with the flats in the background) encapsulates how football was part of the community. Ok - probably reading too much in there, but compare and contrast to any picture from the plastic bowls today - rarely see that sense of place or identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Such a good picture that for me (with the flats in the background) encapsulates how football was part of the community. Ok - probably reading too much in there, but compare and contrast to any picture from the plastic bowls today - rarely see that sense of place or identity.
    Those flats are where they filmed Del Boy`s flat in Only Fools and Horses

Those cars ued to bw parked up around Stamford Bridge during games. Why do they only have three wheels-Is it because some of the drivers-owners only had one leg?

I was at the game, one of very few away games I've ever been to. Think it finished 0-3 in a game we totally dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I was at the game, one of very few away games I've ever been to. Think it finished 0-3 in a game we totally dominated.
    Yeah, I think it was 3-0 from a time when we always seemed to beat the wurzels - it was 3-0 at home as well I seem to remember in 68/69.

Weird to think that Bristol have built a new stand in front of the flats and completely “remodelled” it in the intervening years.