Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
A few points about this - I think it's time for everyone to stop talking about missing Ramsey and O'Dowda. O'Dowda, in particular, has become Messi during this injury hit season, when the reality is that he's an average Championship player that has little chance of ever joining a side aiming for promotion. As good as Ramsey can be, there's no way he could carry the side. Not even a prime Craig Bellamy managed to do that and I'd argue that Bellamy in his first stint with us was better than Ramsey has been over the last couple of years.

Yes, we've beaten 2 top 4 sides and won at Coventry. We've also been well beaten at home by more lowly sides, lost tamely at Swansea and Millwall and gifted a side who couldn't buy a win 3 points at home (Sunderland).

You might not be concerned on how we win or lose games, but the way I see things are we either win games by getting a goal in front and defending for the rest, waiting for teams a goal up to implode late on, or rely on a bit of luck. You can't say that any of our defeats have been remotely unlucky. In fact, I reckon Ipswich away was possibly the last time we were unlucky to have lost. It might not matter to you, but I find that quite alarming going into next season.
Um, I don't recall saying that it doesn't matter to me. Nor did I give any indication that I am unconcerned how we win games. In fact my very first sentence clearly states that I'm not Bulut's biggest fan.

To re-iterate, it is a results driven business and on that basis alone Bulut's first season cannot be categorised as a failure, even more so when compared to our efforts of the previous season.

How we play next season if Bulut gets a renewed contract is something he will have to address, especially if there is drop-off in attendances. But for now, he's done the job he was brought here to do. Let's see what the next phase brings.