+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfortably Mid Table

Comfortably Mid Table

Our best finish for several years

Some might say comfortably numb !

It's not exactly been liquid football for sure but he deserves another full year to see what sort of side he can shape

In reality it doesn't really matter what we all think it's pretty obvious he's going to be offered at least another season

Wether he takes it or wether people like that is another moot situation altogether

Re: Comfortably Mid Table

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

It's not exactly been liquid football for sure but he deserves another full year to see what sort of side he can shape

In reality it doesn't really matter what we all think it's pretty obvious he's going to be offered at least another season

Wether he takes it or wether people like that is another moot situation altogether
    Several or a couple ?

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Several or a couple ?
    More than two but not many

Dictionary, Several

Buts it not more than two.

Since CCS

7,4,4,6,1, prem, 11,6,12, 2,prem, 5,8,18,21 and now.......So not the serial under achievers

For me, this season feels like that situation you have at work when someone you know to have underwhelming management skills gets promoted to look after a project.

They pull a rabbit out of a hat to get the project done. Senior management are pleased and give them the bonus they promised.

Meanwhile, the team that worked on the project is in a mess: they have no idea what their role is, they have had no personal development and have gone backwards, several have become passengers because their opinion doesn't seem to matter. Other people in the organisation know that it's a team to avoid getting pulled into.

The next project they take on is an absolute disaster, and the manager blames the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp White Lines View Post
    The next project they take on is an absolute disaster, and the manager blames the team.
    Oh, and did I mention that the manager also brought in 2 or 3 people of his own who have proven to be mediocre too?

Since CCS

7,4,4,6,1, prem, 11,6,12, 2,prem, 5,8,18,21 and now.......So not the serial under achievers
    Hello, is that the internet police?

Yes, I’d like to report a murder.

Unlucky Sludge

His fist season in foreign football he takes a squad that finished outside the relegation places thanks to a points deduction to a comfortable mid table finish.

Most points for several years.

Without much a striker.

Marquee signing injured most of the season.

Transfer embargo when he arrived.

I think he has done a terrific job.

Football hasn't been good but I've seen worse. If it doesn't improve then these are questions for next season.

You have to allow managers, coaches time to build relationships and allow for growth.

Or we can just rip it all up again and spin Tan's lucky roulette wheel.

I'd give him a 5 year deal just to see a few on here have a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hello, is that the internet police?

Yes, I’d like to report a murder.

Unlucky Sludge
    You will have to explain as your football knowledge is on the verge of complete collapse

We have had crap under your lover , Mad Mick .....Morison , Hudson , Allo Allo

Last season we would have been on the way to having local derbies with your boys at Merthyr if it hadn't been for a points reduction

Now we know you don't like any cardiff city managers , apart from mick but you are going to have to do better than this sonny

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    His fist season in foreign football he takes a squad that finished outside the relegation places thanks to a points deduction to a comfortable mid table finish.

Without much a striker.

Football hasn't been good but I've seen worse. If it doesn't improve then these are questions for next season.

You have to allow managers, coaches time to build relationships and allow for growth.

Whilst I wouldn't go that far ....but hypnotise JR Hartley into thinking bulut was here for a lifetime ......your points are very salient

Turnbull will take time to settle , Ramsey is crocked and finished , finding a decent striker is not easy

The also rans need to be moved on

But it's not like we are facing hell

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp White Lines View Post
    Oh, and did I mention that the manager also brought in 2 or 3 people of his own who have proven to be mediocre too?
    I would say that his signings have been so so but that happens with lots of managers

You will have to explain as your football knowledge is on the verge of complete collapse

Last season we would have been on the way to having local derbies with your boys at Merthyr if it hadn't been for a points reduction

Now we know you don't like any cardiff city managers , apart from mick but you are going to have to do better than this sonny
    7-1 yesterday . More entertainment in one game than a whole season down the CCS.

Some superb goals too, both collectively and individually.

Few beers on the terrace, you just can’t beat it.

Non league football is where it’s at, bollocks to the sterile basket case of a football club that Cardiff City has become.

I liked Dave Jones. Frankie Burrows and Eddie May too. The rest, meh.

7-1 yesterday . More entertainment in one game than a whole season down the CCS.

Some superb goals too, both collectively and individually.

Few beers on the terrace, you just can’t beat it.

Non league football is where it’s at, bollocks to the sterile basket case of a football club that Cardiff City has become.
    It could be worse , you could be telling us you were off down the vetch

Without much a striker.

You've got an overgrowth of stingies in your garden, do you rip them out while they're just towards the back of the garden in the grass area in the corner? Or are you going to let them settle for another year, taking over the whole lawn at the back and getting under the patio area making next summers simple rip out a lot more complicated snd harder work?

As for
    grow up people aren't having meltdowns they just have a different opinion and want better for the club

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    You've got an overgrowth of stingies in your garden, do you rip them out while they're just towards the back of the garden in the grass area in the corner? Or are you going to let them settle for another year, taking over the whole lawn at the back and getting under the patio area making next summers simple rip out a lot more complicated snd harder work?

As for grow up people aren't having meltdowns they just have a different opinion and want better for the club
    Weird reference, and works if you think our manager can only be a weed. I'd personally liken him to a rose, I want to let grow.

I'd now offer him a lifetime contract, it's only tans money anyway.

It could be worse , you could be telling us you were off down the vetch
    Like NinjanPark the Vetch was a proper football ground. Both were much better than the soulless bowls that replaced them.

That’s why I enjoy going to watch non league football, iit takes me back to a nostalgic place.

I

Since CCS

7,4,4,6,1, prem, 11,6,12, 2,prem, 5,8,18,21and now.......So not the serial under achievers
    highlighted seasons in which we received parachute payments

Like NinjanPark the Vetch was a proper football ground. Both were much better than the soulless bowls that replaced them.

That’s why I enjoy going to watch non league football, iit takes me back to a nostalgic place.

I
    I agree....grounds are soulless these days....I am watching the Spurs/Arsenal game and for the life of me I could not imagine watching the game from the higher echelons. I've enjoyed more and more the lower league games I have watched this season - and far more honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    highlighted seasons in which we received parachute payments
    I thought they lasted only 3 seasons?

Has Bulut got a second series?

Weird reference
    Not if you read Tomcats thread, obvz.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought they lasted only 3 seasons?
    It has changed a few times over the years, it was 4 years the first time we went up, diminishing year on year, then the second time we went up we only got 2 years.

It really is quite telling though that from 12/13 onwards we had 8 consecutive seasons in which we received premier league money in one way or another, but we ended up being significantly weaker following those 8 seasons than we were beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Has Bulut got a second series?
    https://youtu.be/t1SZMiMj5_k?si=QlFV4GxFTdHSKeNs

Unfortunately for you I'm the chief commissioning poster for CCMB!