Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
The football during home games has generally been dull, defensive and utterly sterile, and yet the side has ended up losing the same number of games at the CCS as last season's relegation strugglers and has conceded eight more goals in the process. I think that speaks volumes.

I firmly believe this side and its manager have been extremely fortunate to be in the top half off the table and that's a belief I've held for most of the season.
I dont disagree but isn't it just a case of the reality of how championship games are won and lost?

Occasionally the championship sees an actual good team who can win games properly. Reading years ago. Newcastle. Leicester most of this season. Teams who are just better than those they playing against.

However perhaps most games are won when neither side has played particularly well and it just comes down to late goals and set plays?

Likewise at the bottom you occasionally get a very very poor side like Rotherham this season but overall there is little difference in quality between sides who go down and sides who get play offs.

Eg us with trollope would have been relegated to league 1 but warnock pretty much took that team up automatically (with a couple of additions of free agents and free transfers). That's the difference.

That argument is often used to say the Championship is the best league in the world as there is genuinely so little between all the teams but could also argue that's because of the poor quality rather than anything else?