+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Win rate v Entertainment?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Win rate v Entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    We could quite easily be the QPR end of the "finished the season safe" camp next year. Only a handful of results need to change. Not going to start taking results away from us but the Ipswich and Southampton are two obvious standout games that 9/10 we don't win but had great moments and walked away with memorable wins. Take the points and league position away for a sec and look at it purely on performances and we have been dire all year long. You don't get away with that over and over again.
    The 1 nil win v Birmingham was 50/50
    Watford was the bowler goal and absolutely nothing else. We've picked up points we could easily not 9/10 games.
    The performances have been consistently bad imo.
    We're 15 points clear of the relegation places and who's to say Brum and Huddersfield have not had lucky wins along the way.

No one is denying the performances have been anything other than bad but you can't keep looking at the league table and deducting us points for undeserved wins. Football is not like that and as they say the table never lies.

I don't believe Bulut is satisfied with the performances either. He's an intelligent guy and one can only hope he has taken on board the criticisms levelled at him and his team and put things right for next season if he gets a contract extension.

Re: Win rate v Entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We're 15 points clear of the relegation places and who's to say Brum and Huddersfield have not had lucky wins along the way.

No one is denying the performances have been anything other than bad but you can't keep looking at the league table and deducting us points for undeserved wins. Football is not like that and as they say the table never lies.

I don't believe Bulut is satisfied with the performances either. He's an intelligent guy and one can only hope he has taken on board the criticisms levelled at him and his team and put things right for next season if he gets a contract extension.
    I didn't mention the relegation places, I pointed out we're only a few wins ahead of teams like QPR and how next season we may not pick up those wins.

The table doesn't lie, I agree, I also think its unsustainable to play this badly this consistently and hope we will get the points we need next season.

I have the opinion that another season with the same performances and the fans will get on top, the players will slowly start to give up, its worked this year because the league position has helped the players and fans (some) buy into it, it only takes one or 2 results to go the other way and to slip down the table and them same players may not be as enthusiastic about what their being asked to do.

My position on Bulut is what it is, pointless me going on and on about it.