+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Bulut Stays-Can He Succeed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If Bulut Stays-Can He Succeed?

I get the argument that we'd have done better this season if Ramsey had stayed fit and played more, but I don't think the same applies to O'Dowda. He's decent but not in the same ballpark.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I get the argument that we'd have done better this season if Ramsey had stayed fit and played more, but I don't think the same applies to O'Dowda. He's decent but not in the same ballpark.
    No you can't compare, he's good but Ramsey is a class above but also injury prone we can't really expect too many minutes from wither next year and need quality attacking players and a Striker.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No you can't compare, he's good but Ramsey is a class above but also injury prone we can't really expect too many minutes from wither next year and need quality attacking players and a Striker.
    Ike Ugbo scored 4 goals in 20 appearances for Bulut's Cardiff City side.

He's scored 7 in 17 appearances for struggling Sheffield Wednesday.

Any theories on why that has happened?

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ike Ugbo scored 4 goals in 20 appearances for Bulut's Cardiff City side.

He's scored 7 in 17 appearances for struggling Sheffield Wednesday.

Any theories on why that has happened?
    Maybe he had an unlucky streak followed by a lucky streak?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Maybe he had an unlucky streak followed by a lucky streak?
    Maybe.

Although I'm not suggesting Ugbo is a major factor in this, I noticed earlier that since he's joined them Wednesday have won by two or more goals on five separate occasions and have scored three goals in a game twice, and that's despite being in the relegation zone almost constantly during that time. Erol Bulut's Cardiff City haven't managed to do either of those things since October.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Maybe.

Although I'm not suggesting Ugbo is a major factor in this, I noticed earlier that since he's joined them Wednesday have won by two or more goals on five separate occasions and have scored three goals in a game twice, and that's despite being in the relegation zone almost constantly during that time. Erol Bulut's Cardiff City haven't managed to do either of those things since October.
    Maybe it's that Danny Rohl is a much better Manager than Xisco Munoz who had a 0% win ratio in 12 games, and he dragged them out of a false position to safety?

I quite liked Ugbo, he seemed more of a natural goalscorer than most of ours, I think he was moved out as Bulut thought Moore or the Greek/Turk Striker was incoming, and in the end had to settle for Jay-Jew.