+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Bulut Stays-Can He Succeed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If Bulut Stays-Can He Succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No indication of that whatsoever
    I forgot to reply directly to this bit, but there are a load of stats that would bear that out, many that don't compare favourably to last season's struggles. The only 2 stats that I can find that equate to a positive are the number of wins we've managed and our ability from set pieces. Virtually all other stats don't make for good reading.

If things had been the other way around, we'd lost a load of games narrowly but had given a few teams a good hiding, we'd finished in the bottom half but were creating lots of chances, scoring a few goals, I'd think that's something to work with. I look at Fergie's early years at Man Utd where they could give teams a hiding, but also lost a few. I remember them winning 6-2 at Highbury in the league cup. Arsenal won the league that season, conceding 18 at home all season, yet Fergie's youngsters gave them a battering. There was a feeling that, when they clicked, they'd be dangerous. I don't get that feeling with Bulut's side at all. If anything I fear we could lose most times we play.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I forgot to reply directly to this bit, but there are a load of stats that would bear that out, many that don't compare favourably to last season's struggles. The only 2 stats that I can find that equate to a positive are the number of wins we've managed and our ability from set pieces. Virtually all other stats don't make for good reading.

If things had been the other way around, we'd lost a load of games narrowly but had given a few teams a good hiding, we'd finished in the bottom half but were creating lots of chances, scoring a few goals, I'd think that's something to work with. I look at Fergie's early years at Man Utd where they could give teams a hiding, but also lost a few. I remember them winning 6-2 at Highbury in the league cup. Arsenal won the league that season, conceding 18 at home all season, yet Fergie's youngsters gave them a battering. There was a feeling that, when they clicked, they'd be dangerous. I don't get that feeling with Bulut's side at all. If anything I fear we could lose most times we play.
    He inherited a poor squad and we are weak up top, with no Striker, and O'Dowda and Rambo have been out all season, some signings in those positions would make a World of difference, he's done well with what he has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

What on earth are you doing comparing hit and miss man united and arsenal sides with us ?

It's a bit early for the meths !