+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's that coming over the Hill

What's that coming over the Hill

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...trial-29076727

Cardiff City legend Michael Chopra's son has been on trial with the Bluebirds, WalesOnline can reveal.

Sixteen-year-old Sebastian Swan, whose mother is former model and actress turned barrister Heather Swan, trained with the under-18s and under-21s last week.

Sebastian, who turned 16 two months ago, is less of an out-and-out goalscorer like his dad and is understood to be more of a technical player who can play on the wing or as a central attacking midfielder.

The youngster went on trial with the Bluebirds in a bid to earn a contract ahead of next season. He has previously been at Newcastle United and Sunderland's academy in years gone by.

Sebastian clearly comes from good footballing stock, with his old man revered as a legend in this corner of the world. Chopra scored 63 goals in 159 games for the Bluebirds across four spells with the club during Dave Jones' time in charge.

Clubs typically take this portion of the season to invite young players on trial as they look to bolster and prepare their youth-team squads for next season.

The Bluebirds have fielded a number of trialists in youth games over the last couple of weeks, but Sebastian has not yet featured in a match owing to the paperwork which would needed to have been fulfilled, with Cardiff coming under the jurisdiction of the Welsh FA.

Re: What's that coming over the Hill

I think his name may be a problem…

One interesting point in that article is that we're still under the jurisdiction of the FAW. I thought all Welsh clubs were now under the jurisdiction of the FA instead? Is it me or was that discussed a few years in the light of Swansea getting to the PL and us reaching the FA cup final?

i know certain posters don't like me bringing up futsal but our club have a number of English players and have to have international clearance with the Welsh FA before signing

I know some Welsh futsal players play in the English futsal leagues have to do the same with the English FA so my guess yes in the 11 aside game the same rules would apply

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i know certain posters don't like me bringing up futsal....
    I hope you're not referring to me. I love it when you mention Futsal. Some of your references are genuinely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One interesting point in that article is that we're still under the jurisdiction of the FAW. I thought all Welsh clubs were now under the jurisdiction of the FA instead? Is it me or was that discussed a few years in the light of Swansea getting to the PL and us reaching the FA cup final?
    Is the Premier League under the FA’s banner? I thought it was a stand alone league.