+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: ROTHERHAM UTD 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

A quick reminder of the end-of-season dead rubber rules for anyone who might have forgotten:

If City lose (or maybe draw in this instance), the result is irrelevant, the players are already on the beach and the game means nothing.

If City win, the result is significant, the points are important and it's encouraging for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A quick reminder of the end-of-season dead rubber rules for anyone who might have forgotten:

If City lose (or maybe draw in this instance), the result is irrelevant, the players are already on the beach and the game means nothing.

If City win, the result is significant, the points are important and it's encouraging for the future.

For some people.

For others the rules are

If city lose or draw then that proves bulut isn't the man for the job and needs to go.

If city win then its irrelevant as Rotherham are already down and its a dead rubber therefore bulut must go. This option can also be used if city score lots of goals and play well

Also the option of If city win and its not really exciting then even in a dead rubber we are boring so bulut must go.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    For some people.

For others the rules are

If city lose or draw then that proves bulut isn't the man for the job and needs to go.

If city win then its irrelevant as Rotherham are already down and its a dead rubber therefore bulut must go. This option can also be used if city score lots of goals and play well

Also the option of If city win and its not really exciting then even in a dead rubber we are boring so bulut must go.
    I'm fairly certain absolutely nobody is going to change their mind about Bulut based on the Rotherham result, just as nobody changed their mind about him based on the Middlesbrough result (although a friend of mine did make a decision on renewing his season ticket after that game, and it was a no).

I'm fairly certain absolutely nobody is going to change their mind about Bulut based on the Rotherham result, just as nobody changed their mind about him based on the Middlesbrough result (although a friend of mine did make a decision on renewing his season ticket after that game, and it was a no).
    Shame would add some excitement to the day.

If tan told bulut we had to score at least 4 goals and win today to get his new deal. Would be good fun.

If tan told bulut we had to score at least 4 goals and win today to get his new deal. Would be good fun.
    Yeah, but they'd have to make that public in order for it to be worthwhile.

I'd definitely sign up for the live stream if that was happening.

But only if one of the goals was scored from our own half, and another was scored by the goalkeeper.

We are actually going to win 4 3.

We are actually going to win 4 3.
    you what

I would have laid off him today if he'd started more of the youngsters. Game is meaningless and he still cant bring himself to do it, yet some are hopeful he will next season.

Good to see an extra one on the bench, not heard of Mafico but nice for him to make the bench.

Probably see a flurry of subs between half time and the hour mark to give a few of them half hour, so nice of him.