+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hitler.

Re: Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    As you've not been able to follow the dialogue to produce an appropriate response then I stand by my original 'running' analysis.
    Didn't you understand the point re Evolution and your ten supernatural events in the Bible being equally unprovable?
    You see you completely trust certain scientific men who regularly withdraw or amend their latest 'discoveries' and who offer no scientific proof for evolution that we can observe, yet a God who has never needed to once withdraw (from His Word, the Bible) one statement re history or science, you find utterly untrustworthy?

No wonder you have no interest in getting involved.
    The snake

The person turned into salt

Let's deal with those two claims first

The afterlife .....

God is doing a dreadful job of letting us know he exists , he could nail these for us non believers

As you've not been able to follow the dialogue to produce an appropriate response then I stand by my original 'running' analysis.
    Didn't you understand the point re Evolution and your ten supernatural events in the Bible being equally unprovable?
    You see you completely trust certain scientific men who regularly withdraw or amend their latest 'discoveries' and who offer no scientific proof for evolution that we can observe, yet a God who has never needed to once withdraw (from His Word, the Bible) one statement re history or science, you find utterly untrustworthy?

No wonder you have no interest in getting involved.
    No evidence whatsoever then.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No evidence whatsoever then.
    Ok, as we've already had evidence above (even from individuals that share your chosen position of atheism) that the Biblical record of Jesus is accurate, including the resurrection, then let's dive into the research of another *atheist in the following docu/ movie > HERE

I understand you'll never want to watch the entire investigation, so let's cut to the chase, the key investigation into the resurrection itself, if you go to this point in the video >> 1:22:55 (1 hour 22 minutes and 55 seconds) which includes evidence from a secular scientific journal, then I would appreciate your comments on what was presented to the *atheist.

*An atheist at the time of this investigation.

Ok, as we've already had evidence above (even from individuals that share your chosen position of atheism) that the Biblical record of Jesus is accurate, including the resurrection, then let's dive into the research of another *atheist in the following docu/ movie > HERE

I understand you'll never want to watch the entire investigation, so let's cut to the chase, the key investigation into the resurrection itself, if you go to this point in the video >> 1:22:55 (1 hour 22 minutes and 55 seconds) which includes evidence from a secular scientific journal, then I would appreciate your comments on what was presented to the *atheist.

*An atheist at the time of this investigation.
    I've no real interest in debating the issue. I'm an atheist. You aren't. I'm fine with that. However, the evidence - or rather the acceptance by non-Christian historians - you've provided is that Jesus existed. There's a big gap between the existence of a historical figure and what he's believed by Christians to have done during his short lifetime. Also, the existence of an empty tomb does not prove the resurrection. It merely proves that his tomb was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I've no real interest in debating the issue. I'm an atheist. You aren't. I'm fine with that. However, the evidence - or rather the acceptance by non-Christian historians - you've provided is that Jesus existed. There's a big gap between the existence of a historical figure and what he's believed by Christians to have done during his short lifetime. Also, the existence of an empty tomb does not prove the resurrection. It merely proves that his tomb was empty.
    I think old christ was a sort of left leaning chap who did a lot of voluntary work and had a lot of charisma and so a load of people followed him around

A bit like that David Koresh or the Jones Town fella but without the tragic consequences

There's no evidence for magic tricks

"I've no real interest in debating the issue"
    (Now that does sound really familiar!)

Yet you make an opening statement in any case...

If you dig a little deeper into Roman history then you would know that a soldier who lost a prisoner would pay with his own life. In the case of the tomb it was two soldiers due to the wave of influence Christ had already caused which was a major headache for the goverment.

Also with the resulting impossibility that the body was stolen and Christ was somehow removed to another location by Roman authorities, once his followers started claiming (along with local historians) that he was risen, then all Rome had to do was drag his body into the town square and prove their position.
    So have you given any serious thought to this piece of history, or like many others here, are you simply hoping that Christ had no ability to raise Himself from the dead?

If you dig a little deeper into Roman history then you would know that a soldier who lost a prisoner would pay with his own life. In the case of the tomb it was two soldiers due to the wave of influence Christ had already caused which was a major headache for the goverment.

Also with the resulting impossibility that the body was stolen and Christ was somehow removed to another location by Roman authorities, once his followers started claiming (along with local historians) that he was risen, then all Rome had to do was drag his body into the town square and prove their position.
    So have you given any serious thought to this piece of history, or like many others here, are you simply hoping that Christ had no ability to raise Himself from the dead?
    You have the opportunity to give evidence of christ , god , miracles etc but within a few words you are off again talking fairy tales

All this is just your view based on a book 2000 years old written by people who weren't at an event that may or may not have happened

We may as well discuss jam roly poly and custard

It is impossible to reboot the human body once its snuffed it

It's goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have the opportunity to give evidence of christ , god , miracles etc but within a few words you are off again talking fairy tales

All this is just your view based on a book 2000 years old written by people who weren't at an event that may or may not have happened

We may as well discuss jam roly poly and custard
    Jam roly poly does still exist

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Jam roly poly does still exist
    And very nice it is too

But God etc ?

He's yet to show his face

And very nice it is too

But God etc ?

He's yet to show his face
    Also do a miracle we all can see,so us non believers can witness.
    I n one fell swoop he can change us all.

Think of the merchandise sales !

You've ignored my first point and your defence of the second point is deduction and assumption, something you accuse modern day science of. I don't hope jesus didn't raise himself from the dead. Why would I? I just haven't seen any evidence that he did. And there's a very good reason for that.

Think of the merchandise sales !
    Billy the badge "i seen a miracle" Badges" i saw Ronnie Moore score"
    Shirts i talked to a snake.

You've ignored my first point and your defence of the second point is deduction and assumption, something you accuse modern day science of. I don't hope jesus didn't raise himself from the dead. Why would I? I just haven't seen any evidence that he did. And there's a very good reason for that.
    That reason being you know (unlike the rest of humanity) where the body is?

Billy the badge "i seen a miracle" Badges" i saw Ronnie Moore score"
    Shirts i talked to a snake.
    One God , One Snake , No Evidence

That's on the front

Maybe a middle east tour 1978 on the back

That reason being you know (unlike the rest of humanity) where the body is?
    Lord Lucan ?

Jesus Christ !

Lord Lucan ?

Jesus Christ !
    Thanks SF, another helpful interjection.

You've ignored my first point.....
    Which was that you are an atheist and I am not.

Noted.

However if people left every subject at that juncture then there would be zero posts per day here which would make it a pointless endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    First of all, atheists don't have Messiahs. That is simply a contradiction in terms. Those who are interested in science (and which means truth) do not seek to follow a deity or human being as being the source of all truth and knowledge. In fact, any scientist worth his salt enjoys being wrong about something - as it meas that his or her knowledge expands. It's the total opposite of clinging onto unproven myths from thousand of years ago and which can never be proven or corroborated to a satisfactory degree for most people.
    As for Dawkins stating that he is a 'cultural Christian' I think you need to listen to his explanation rather than perceive it as 'a delightful irony'. I am an atheist but can appreciate some of the cultural aspects of Christianity that surrounds us i.e. churches, various hymns, religious paintings etc - and it's all very familiar to me. Some non-Christians even go to Midnight Mass at Christmas purely for the enjoyment of it.

Similarly, I have hosted numerous Japanese people (both at home and regarding my work) who visit both a Shinto shrine and Buddhist temple every New Year's Eve (and who exchange presents at Christmas time). They have not been believers but they enjoy the cultural backcloth of their country and history.

Dawkins is an intelligent chap and probably brighter than those who misinterpret what he is saying.
    The irony is that he effectively wishes that Christianity had been strangled at birth. If he had had his way there would be no churches, cathedrals, hymns, Christmas, Easter, or religious paintings for him (or you) to appreciate! Also what kind of society would we be living in now - something along the lines of the Roman empire perhaps. Uhm, not too appealing that!

Clearly Dawkins is a very intelligent chap but I do question whether he has seriously investigated the circumstances of the resurrection or if he has, perhaps dare not even alolow himself to think that it really might have happened? As he presumably would reject any narratives from the New Testament, then he would say that there is no evidence -end of discussion.

BTW I am a PhD scientist, and yes, during my career I have found that new scientific evidence has overturned my previous conclusions and I agree this is how scientific achievement develops of course. I came to faith through investigation into the resurrection of Jesus and I started off as a complete skeptic along the lines of Lee Strobel or Frank Morrison. I do not reject the New Testament as evidence because I always have to come back to the question - why? Why would anyone write accounts of such an event other than their lives were completely turned around as a result, and indeed they risked their very own lives when trying to share the news with others. Many were martyred. Would they really do this based on a fantasy?

I doubt it. Any miraculous event would immediately be declared by most folk as a hoax or an illusion. In these days of AI, talking heads, photoshop etc. who could blame them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I doubt it. Any miraculous event would immediately be declared by most folk as a hoax or an illusion. In these days of AI, talking heads, photoshop etc. who could blame them?
    Well tell your mate god we can analyse his efforts and wether they are fake after he's provided us with a few

So far ......absolutely nothing

God is omnipotent......your words .......and omnipresent .....your words

If he is then he's doing a crap job of showing us that he is all powerful and everywhere , at all times

So we can go through his efforts at miracles later ........tell him we want to see a few things first

The Middle East ......loads of deaths .....mostly to do with him and who he said what to and who's land he gave to who etc

Start with that

Have a mass prayer with all his followers and contact him

Here is his chance

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The irony is that he effectively wishes that Christianity had been strangled at birth. If he had had his way there would be no churches, cathedrals, hymns, Christmas, Easter, or religious paintings for him (or you) to appreciate! Also what kind of society would we be living in now - something along the lines of the Roman empire perhaps. Uhm, not too appealing that!

Clearly Dawkins is a very intelligent chap but I do question whether he has seriously investigated the circumstances of the resurrection or if he has, perhaps dare not even alolow himself to think that it really might have happened? As he presumably would reject any narratives from the New Testament, then he would say that there is no evidence -end of discussion.

BTW I am a PhD scientist, and yes, during my career I have found that new scientific evidence has overturned my previous conclusions and I agree this is how scientific achievement develops of course. I came to faith through investigation into the resurrection of Jesus and I started off as a complete skeptic along the lines of Lee Strobel or Frank Morrison. I do not reject the New Testament as evidence because I always have to come back to the question - why? Why would anyone write accounts of such an event other than their lives were completely turned around as a result, and indeed they risked their very own lives when trying to share the news with others. Many were martyred. Would they really do this based on a fantasy?
    But you are quoting a book again ......which everyone knows was written at different times by different people

At least 1500 years old

Why ?

Why should we believe anything in that book ?

It's less factual than a copy of the beano

But you are quoting a book again ......which everyone knows was written at different times by different people

At least 1500 years old

Why ?

Why should we believe anything in that book ?

It's less factual than a copy of the beano
    A book that was written to control the masses by those in control

Thanks SF, another helpful interjection.
    About as helpful as yours. How many bodies have gone missing over the last 2000 odd years?