Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Fair play, in just four posts we have succeeded in going from discussing a potential right back candidate for the 2024-25 season to admiring short penises in Ancient Greece circa 400BC. I bet you two were a right pair of bastards to play against in word association games over a few beers. 😂

As an aside, I am not surprised. It is known amongst historians that as strong empires fade and conservatism dies, the end of empire often co-incides (for reasons I cannot fathom) with rising liberalism and acceptance of homosexuality. Latter day Greece, Rome and Ottomans recognised man-on-man as a higher status of love than man-on-woman. Is it any wonder shorter penises were more in vogue? What hetero or homo backside can take ten inches plus of continuous hard pounding? Is that why Greek, Turkish and Roman statues have Trump-like mushrooms on display, rather than proper Tomahawk steaks?

One to ponder…
strange post. I'm not aware of any legitimate historians that attribute the fall of the greek or Roman empires to a shifting away from conservative values to liberalism, and certainly not linked to any changes in attitude towards homosexuality. is this some bizarre fantasy of your own making?

I can however think of some examples of empires whose cultural conservatism at least has certainly played a part in their own downfall.
take the great Qing for example . for most of recorded human history China has been the most powerful and technologically advanced advanced society at any given time. However the Qing were an extremely conservative Confucian society, that just became more and more obsessed with maintaining and repeating the old ways, be it art, poetry, or the way their society was run.
While they were looking to maintain their past, Europe was undergoing the industrial revolution. when reforms needed to be made in their society, they were usually blocked by conservative Confucian elders. their obsession with an idealised past ultimately brought about their downfall