Positive stuff, I'm starting to think he may stay after all, maybe Tan isn't playing games?

Erol Bulut reveals positive Cardiff City contract talks and specific details on table

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...gn=communities

The Bluebirds boss spoke ahead of the final game of the season against Rotherham United

Erol Bulut is pleased with how talks over his Cardiff City contract have gone and has laid out in greater detail what he hopes to change moving forward if a new deal is agreed.

The Bluebirds boss takes charge of the final game of his contract on Saturday when Cardiff face Rotherham up in Yorkshire. Bulut has overseen a rise from 21st in the table last year to 12th at time of writing - but the club could finish 10th if results go their way.

It's a marked improvement on battling relegation the last two seasons, of course, but still the manager's future remains in the air. However, he appeared positive with regards to how negotiations with the board have gone so far.

"The first talks were positive, this I can deliver to you," he said. "I think we have to look forward about duration, that I need something in front (of me) so that we can go on. I have tried to discuss this with Vincent (Tan) and Mehmet (Dalman). But the first talks last week were positive."

Bulut said the talks centred around ironing out some "details", which included the length of his contract. In his words, he doesn't want to feel like a "guest" for another season, but "part of the family".

"From my side there are no issues, I would like to stay," he added. "Because we have built something here. We have a start.

"I can also say that I have been a guest here for one year, now I want to be part of the family. I don't want to be a guest again for one more year, I want to be part of the family for the future. If we can handle this, with good plans for the future for Cardiff City Football Club, I will be in."

On the subject of length of any proposed deal, Bulut said: "This is the first step to build something together. This is the correct direction and how the club is thinking.

"To have a different manager or just a one-year contract, the players are also adapting differently, so you have to give a signal to the players, to the club, that this is our way and everyone has to adapt to this.

"When you have only a one-year contract you can't make long-term plans. When you have a three-year contract, you can make long-term plans. It depends on the target. Our target is clear, I don't need to hide anything. You know where we want to go.

"I cannot be happy to say three years after that we want to stay in the league. We would be lying to each other. This can't be the target of Cardiff City and not of Erol Bulut as manager."

The manager doesn't expect the situation to be wrapped up by this weekend. It will go into next week at the earliest, because a lot must be nailed down before a deal can be struck. However the fact these finer details are being discussed should certainly be cause for optimism among the many Bluebirds fans who want Bulut at the club when the next league season kicks off in August.

Bulut also revealed that it was not just about the duration of his contract, but also expanding his coaching staff and bolstering the recruitment department at the club.

Clearly, Bulut is a man full of ambition and if he was to stay on next season he would not be content with finishing mid-table. He would want a productive summer in order to better this season's league position come May. So, how would he do that?

"The first step has to be the signing of new players," he said. "Of course for this, budget is important. When we want to go to the next level, we have to focus on this and go in that direction. Not only me, everyone at the club.

"I think I put a bit of the winning mentality into the club and into the team, because it was lost here for the last years. I am expecting everyone to have that winning mentality. Not just the player on the field, the secretary here has to think like this. If we can manage to have that winning mentality then we are two steps ahead of some other clubs and towards the level where we want to be.

"It's not only players, you can have new players in, but only to bring the players in is not enough.

"Me and my coaching staff, I will try to make my coaching staff bigger for next season. Recruitment and scouts, we have to work on this. Already we've brought one or two scouts in. In every part we have to add a little bit so we can grow as a club."