+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Length of contract the issue according to this
    https://twitter.com/PaulAbbandonato/...31332113076678
    Is the other stuff about Starbucks significant for City? I would have thought that any business difficulties for Vincent Tan would increase the chances of him looking to offload City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is the other stuff about Starbucks significant for City? I would have thought that any business difficulties for Vincent Tan would increase the chances of him looking to offload City.
    No, it's completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    No, it's completely irrelevant.
    Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?
    Starbucks in Malaysia is a franchise, its only connection to Starbucks in the USA is the brand name and what it calls some of the products.
    The Malaysian operation is substantially owned by one of Vincent Tan's businesses and he is seeking to buy out the minority interest according to reports in Malaysia.

Starbucks taking a hit on the stock market might not be relevant, but apparently there have been widespread boycotts of some companies in Malaysia that are perceived to have been directly or indirectly supporting Israel in the current Conflict.
    I think McDonald's Israel announced that they gave money to support the Israeli military, which obviously didn't go down well in Malaysia. however due to the franchise system it isn't really anything to do with each other.