+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you prefer Bulut to stay or go?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer Bulut to stay

29 56.86%
  • Prefer Bulut to go

22 43.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Re: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Our squad aren't as crap at attacking and creativity as they appear; they are much more capable individually and as a unit. It's Bulut's tactics and style of play which is suffocating them.
    I agree, i think that was my point. At times rather than hit the channels which is what we might be conditioned too under our previous (more entertaining) manager, the current side has a different attitude. However, i assume under his instructions some of that interact play on the touchline has been joyous.

If we went toe to toe, rather than more pragmatic i'd say we'd be more towards the bottom than the middle as Eric stats have shown. There aren't many in our current squad that other teams in our league would see as an upgrade. I think we overachieved.

Could a different manager have got more out this team entertainment* wise, 100%. Could another manager got us comfortable mid-table nearly all season, more difficult to answer but doubtful from me.

* subjective aspect and observation of joy

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Entertainment is subjective, finding joy often requires a shift in focus from seeking mere entertainment to embracing the things that bring true fulfillment.
    Very philosophical, but it's football we're talking about here, nothing more.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to watch a Cardiff City side that looks genuinely better than the opposition once in a while. I'd like to see the team do some crazy stuff like score three or more goals in a game occasionally, or beat their opponents by two or more goals now and then - things Bulut's boys haven't managed in six long, tedious months.

I've been watching City for almost fifty years. During that time I've seen plenty of really poor Bluebirds sides and numerous seasons have proved a tough watch due to the lack of quality on display. However, I genuinely can't remember another season in which a City team produced such sterile, insipid football on such a regular basis. Bulut's approach is not only boring but borders on cowardly at times - the home games against Leicester and Leeds being the prime examples.

I've long since passed the point where the results matter a great deal to me. The re-brand saga changed my outlook significantly and I'm sure age is playing its part too, but I'm at the stage now where I just want to see some decent, progressive, entertaining football once in a while. Judging by the numbers of empty seats at the CCS in recent months, I can confidently say I'm not alone in feeling that way.

I'd say only Mackay, Jones, and Warnock got what they wanted but mainly because they stayed more than a season.
    Warnock's promotion side started less than a year after he was appointed, but I think he was trusted. Mackay was trusted from the moment he was brought into the club. Tan was hardly there when Jones was manager, which might be a factor.

I wonder if "Positive Paul" will run a piece on people NOT enjoying the football on offer..or will he continue his Dalman led angle.

Be a man Paul, stop doing what you're told.

GET HIM THE FCK OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    GET HIM THE FCK OUT!
    I’m starting to think you don’t like Bulut.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Very philosophical, but it's football we're talking about here, nothing more.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to watch a Cardiff City side that looks genuinely better than the opposition once in a while. I'd like to see the team do some crazy stuff like score three or more goals in a game occasionally, or beat their opponents by two or more goals now and then - things Bulut's boys haven't managed in six long, tedious months.

I've been watching City for almost fifty years. During that time I've seen plenty of really poor Bluebirds sides and numerous seasons have proved a tough watch due to the lack of quality on display. However, I genuinely can't remember another season in which a City team produced such sterile, insipid football on such a regular basis. Bulut's approach is not only boring but borders on cowardly at times - the home games against Leicester and Leeds being the prime examples.

I've long since passed the point where the results matter a great deal to me. The re-brand saga changed my outlook significantly and I'm sure age is playing its part too, but I'm at the stage now where I just want to see some decent, progressive, entertaining football once in a while. Judging by the numbers of empty seats at the CCS in recent months, I can confidently say I'm not alone in feeling that way.
    Back on 8 February2022, we beat Peterborough 4-0 at Cardiff City Stadium and a week later, we followed it up by beating Coventry 2-0 at home. Since then, we’ve played fifty four times in the league at home and only once in that time have we scored more than two in a game (when we beat Coventry 3-2 around six months ago). For more than two seasons the closest thing we’ve had to doling out a thrashing to any one in own stadium has been in four 2-0 wins (all our other home wins since February 2022 have been by single goal margins). Strangely, it’s been the wurzels (twice) and the jacks who have been on the end of three of these “batterings”, with what’s widely considered the worst Championship team in years, Rotherham, the other ones to leave Cardiff licking their wounds.

It goes without saying that Bulut cannot be held responsible for more than about forty per cent of these games, but I think the club and those covering the club in the media should be aware that, as others have remarked, watching City feels like a chore these days for many of their supporters.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Did they get the players they wanted or were they largely trading with the bargain bucket?
    Probably not, but you said any Manager would be good if they get the players they want, I don't think Morison, Purse, Hudson, or Trollope would be good Managers even if they did, and those are the type of Managers Tan likes and would likely replace Bulut.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One thing I’d argue is unique to Bulut among recent City managers is his attitude towards wingers. I don’t mean the inverted winger stuff, it’s to do with the fact that even in our most crappy teams in recent years, our wingers were actually wingers. Yes, they might not have been much good and they did their share defensively, but they were in the team, first and foremost, for what it was hoped they could do in the opposition half. It doesn’t feel like that under Bulut - the way Bowler has been used has left me baffled.

What on earth would Bulut have made of Jaden Philogene? My guess is he would have been returned to Villa in January.
    He would have played him, and we would have created more chances.

Jaden puts a shift in as well and that's right up Buluts street.

Stay.

I feel like an idiot here. Well I am. But I feel like I’m missing something. Because it’s an obvious “stay” for me amongst all these “go”.

The end of last season was the worst I’ve felt about City in years. It was ****ing awful. What many are describing now, is what I felt then.

We went on that one bad run this season but we also had Tanner’s goal, Colwill’s against Bristol City, Huddersfield performance, Preston comeback, Ipswich comeback, Ashford winner. That’s just off the top of my head. Are these moments not what it’s all about??? Were these not some amazing moments under Bulut? What do we actually want? To play the Swansea way?

Or am I too simple minded and I need to be able to explain what is Bulut’s tactics and style of play???

I don’t give a shit just give me something to cheer me up.

Last season was the worst.

This season was an improvement.

That merits a “stay” for me. For now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Probably not, but you said any Manager would be good if they get the players they want, I don't think Morison, Purse, Hudson, or Trollope would be good Managers even if they did, and those are the type of Managers Tan likes and would likely replace Bulut.
    I doubt they're the type of manager that Tan likes, I think that's stretching things to extreme. They were just cheap appointments from within because we kept paying managers off when they'd been sacked. If Bulut went I would be very surprised if Darren Purse was appointed in the same way as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I feel like an idiot here. Well I am. But I feel like I’m missing something. Because it’s an obvious “stay” for me amongst all these “go”.
    How often do you attend home games?

I only went to one home game and one away game this season. But I watch every single game on Cardiff City TV. Often at 3am but I promise I’m awake enough to pay close attention I swear

Did this stop you from having a view about Malky? He'd spent around £50m over three seasons but was playing football to make your eyes bleed since Charlton away and even though we'd only won four games out of eighteen in the Premier League by the time he went, and only scored thirteen goals, you were saying that the posters who wanted him gone had been 'brainwashed by Tan's propaganda'. Seems a bit ironic if you're now claiming that the views of people who don't go to games are irrelevant.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I doubt they're the type of manager that Tan likes, I think that's stretching things to extreme. They were just cheap appointments from within because we kept paying managers off when they'd been sacked. If Bulut went I would be very surprised if Darren Purse was appointed in the same way as the others.
    They are the type of Managers he appoints because he appointed three of them and Purse is the next similar Manager target, Bulut was a Dalman appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Did this stop you from having a view about Malky? He'd spent around £50m over three seasons but was playing football to make your eyes bleed since Charlton away and even though we'd only won four games out of eighteen in the Premier League by the time he went, and only scored thirteen goals, you were saying that the posters who wanted him gone had been 'brainwashed by Tan's propaganda'. Seems a bit ironic if you're now claiming that the views of people who don't go to games are irrelevant.
    I don’t think he’s claiming that to be honest. Just asked a question. I can’t speak to the matchday experience but I can guarantee I’ve watched more Cardiff City football than he has this season. Unless he’s gone to every away game and watched us against the mighty Penybont.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinions of course and I know I’ve always (mostly) been on the optimistic side of things but I’m just surprised that I’m so far away from other fans when it comes to the enjoyment of this season ie. it wasn’t fantastic but there were some great moments and it was definitely better than last season’s pile of shit.

They are the type of Managers he appoints because he appointed three of them and Purse is the next similar Manager target, Bulut was a Dalman appointment.
    What about Lamouchi, Warnock, Mick? all experienced? Cant remember if Malky was here before or not.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    What about Lamouchi, Warnock, Mick? all experienced? Cant remember if Malky was here before or not.
    He switched to apprentices after Mick, Lamouchi was a month or two to keep us up, he did quite a good job, we were finished without him and Kaba's goals.

He switched to apprentices after Mick, Lamouchi was a month or two to keep us up, he did quite a good job, we were finished without him and Kaba's goals.
    You love rewriting history

Lamouchi was only here to keep us safe now.

I need to stop replying on this thread as the less regular posters usually get fed up when they end up going this way..

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I only went to one home game and one away game this season. But I watch every single game on Cardiff City TV. Often at 3am but I promise I’m awake enough to pay close attention I swear
    I hope for your sake you got lucky and it was one of the very few good games.

I asked because almost everything about the home experience has been dismal since October. Even a couple of the victories have been awful. The atmosphere in the ground has been increasingly poor and the numbers of empty seats have been steadily rising as the campaign has worn on. I've never experienced anything quite like it considering the season could be viewed as relatively successful given the league position, although in fairness I was missing during the Slade era.

Almost all of us on our pub minibus seemed to feel genuinely relieved on Saturday that the season was finally over. It's not been a good one to be a season ticket holder at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Blah blah blah.

But that proves the logic that Bulut has done exactly what you praise Sheff Weds of doing, Shirley. We were in a relegation dog fights for 2 season which suggests we had players just slightly above league 1. Now we are mid table championship, never been in any real danger of sinking to the depth of the previous 2 seasons, an amazing turn around i'm sure you'd agree?
    It doesnt prove anything, its completely different set of circumstances.

Bulut has had a pre-season, brought some of his own players in, taken players with premier league experience on loan, had two windows (yes one of them was under an embargo but he still was able to bring in Goutas and Siopis, Grant, Bowler.etc) and people are still saying he cant change the style because they are not all his players. Laughable.

The two fellas at QPR and Sheff Weds come into a shitshow 3-4 months into the season and had to work with what theyve got with 1 or 2 additions in January.

Sheff Weds in particular looked dead and buried before Rohl come in and hes not only changed their results but also their style of play too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    You love rewriting history

Lamouchi was only here to keep us safe now.

I need to stop replying on this thread as the less regular posters usually get fed up when they end up going this way..
    He did he was a short-term save the season after Morison and Hudson had failed and we were heading for relegation, he was brought in short term until the end of the season with a brief of keep us up, we were lucky he just about did.

I hope for your sake you got lucky and it was one of the very few good games.
    It was shit

But I was still on a high from Preston away a few days before. The football was terrible but I was just happy to be around City fans again. Got lucky with my seat, surrounded by a great bunch.

I guess if I wasn’t able to slip back into bed right at the FT whistle and had to walk home in the cold after a dire performance, it would feel a little different!