+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you prefer Bulut to stay or go?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer Bulut to stay

29 56.86%
  • Prefer Bulut to go

22 43.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Re: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I’ve been bored stiff for most of this season. If you’d have told me back in August we’d get around fifteen more points and finish about ten places higher, I would have assumed the entertainment factor would be much higher than the previous season, but, with two or three exceptions, I’ve seen no great difference from 22/23 except we’re scoring from corners again - I’ve never liked teams that play with just one genuine attacking player in home games and that’s not changed because it’s my team that's now doing it.
    As stated, it's subjective, but I don't recall you ever being so outspoken (although you do blog, so I might need to double-check) about the concept of 'entertaining' football until now. From what I remember, our team hasn't been playing exciting football for years, and now Bulut seems solely responsible for some dramatic change in style (that never really existed did it?). Did he sh1t in your hat?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure any manager would be good if they could get all the players they want.
    Morison, Purse, Hudson, Trollope?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    As stated, it's subjective, but I don't recall you ever being so outspoken (although you do blog, so I might need to double-check) about the concept of 'entertaining' football until now. From what I remember, our team hasn't been playing exciting football for years, and now Bulut seems solely responsible for some dramatic change in style (that never really existed did it?). Did he sh1t in your hat?
    I know you've asked Bob, but here's my answer anyway.

For me it's a culmination of years and years of dross, hard to watch, boring football. It's not specific to Bulut, but he is the straw that broke the camels back. I am done, I cant take no more. Others have a stronger threshold and thats fine, I have been called negative for wanting to see better, thats fine.

Entertainment is subjective, finding joy often requires a shift in focus from seeking mere entertainment to embracing the things that bring true fulfillment.

You've been going to the city a very long time, i doubt for most of that, it was ever the actual football.
    Not always just the football but most of the disillusionment is from fans who like to see their team approach and go beyond the half way line before 75 minutes. Even the useless teams did that. We don’t expect Brazilian stuff but we want adventurous play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

For me it's a culmination of years and years of dross, hard to watch, boring football. It's not specific to Bulut, but he is the straw that broke the camels back. I am done, I cant take no more. Others have a stronger threshold and thats fine, I have been called negative for wanting to see better, thats fine.
    That’s much like I feel, but maybe it’s worse this time because the improvement in points and position has not been matched when it comes to entertainment.

It's okay, he jumped into something asked of somebody else .
    I agree, but its almost venomous that its a singular person for what has been years of dross. That's what i'm looking to understand, or where do i buy those nostalgia glasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Not always just the football but most of the disillusionment is from fans who like to see their team approach and go beyond the half way line before 75 minutes. Even the useless teams did that. We don’t expect Brazilian stuff but we want adventurous play.
    Agree, when did you last think a manager last delivered that, that you enjoyed?

International

I know where you were coming from, most if feel it we've been here before the disappointment after Malky then Ole Gunner messing everything up, then Slade copped it, I hated the football and it was a downer, but looking back he did a good job and was needed to stop the rot. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Trollope!

If Bulut does stay he needs to be backed and he needs to improve the attacking performance and give the fans something back, I think he can, but understand that some people don't think he can, and that's probably whats polrising peopled positions.

That’s much like I feel, but maybe it’s worse this time because the improvement in points and position has not been matched when it comes to entertainment.
    Can understand people wanting him to stay for some stability, and the league position has improved, but like you I don't think its sustainable over a long period to play like he does, ive got no facts to back it up its purely my own opinion. I think we have been lucky in picking up some of the points we have and we could easily fall into the "lower" end of the safe teams next season. Warnock had money to spend after we got relegated, had experience in the league and decades overall as a manager, he had the players to play his way and ultimately struggled even with better players than he started out with. What he tried worked for a while but it soon gets worked out when they have no plan b...Bulut and Warnock have no plan b!!

Ive really gone off on a tangent there, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I know where you were coming from, most if feel it we've been here before the disappointment after Malky then Ole Gunner messing everything up, then Slade copped it, I hated the football and it was a downer, but looking back he did a good job and was needed to stop the rot. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Trollope!

If Bulut does stay he needs to be backed and he needs to improve the attacking performance and give the fans something back, I think he can, but understand that some people don't think he can, and that's probably whats polrising peopled positions.
    Warnock was backed and we got Warnockball on steroids. Same happens with this guy.

It's okay, he jumped into something asked of somebody else .
    I agree, but its almost venomous that its a singular person for what has been years of dross. That's what i'm looking to understand, or where do i buy those nostalgia glasses!
    I've let my emotions get the better of me when it comes to Bulut, call it pashun

International

Dave Jones, Malky, and Warnock in his way. We've had apprentice Managers since bar McCarthy and Harris (useless) and Bulut is probably copping a lot of built-up frustration.

International

Warnock was backed and we got Warnockball on steroids. Same happens with this guy.
    Each to their own, I quite enjoyed get it in the mixer and get your head on it

But we do need something different, lets see if he can get what he wants and play a faster more attacking game, we need some pace and excitement.

Each to their own, I quite enjoyed get it in the mixer and get your head on it

But we do need something different, lets see if he can get what he wants and play a faster more attacking game, we need some pace and excitement.
    Dare I say it but at least Warnock's teams could play a bit in the final third. I don't mind going direct as long as it's not hit and hope and you see a bit of play once you get there.

FWIW I think we play the same just with better (on paper or in his opinion) players.

There were times under Harris that weren’t bad. I enjoyed Warnock for obvious reasons. Dear old Mick started the real dross. He didn’t want to be here.

One thing I’d argue is unique to Bulut among recent City managers is his attitude towards wingers. I don’t mean the inverted winger stuff, it’s to do with the fact that even in our most crappy teams in recent years, our wingers were actually wingers. Yes, they might not have been much good and they did their share defensively, but they were in the team, first and foremost, for what it was hoped they could do in the opposition half. It doesn’t feel like that under Bulut - the way Bowler has been used has left me baffled.

What on earth would Bulut have made of Jaden Philogene? My guess is he would have been returned to Villa in January.

Dare I say it but at least Warnock's teams could play a bit in the final third. I don't mind going direct as long as it's not hit and hope and you see a bit of play once you get there.

FWIW I think we play the same just with better (on paper or in his opinion) players.
    There you go mate, something a bit more relevant.https://www.redcafe.net/forums/uniteds-womens-team.78/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    There were times under Harris that weren’t bad. I enjoyed Warnock for obvious reasons. Dear old Mick started the real dross. He didn’t want to be here.
    Yeah, enjoyed the stuff under Warnock (i did advocate for him to be fired once promoted though), really struggled with Harris, despite that strange season of reaching the play off. McCarthey i thought did well when arriving but maybe that was the Harris effect more than anything else. Looking back we never had it so good as Lawrence, Jones, & Mackay.*

* The above is strictly my opinion on entertainment, not win rates, XG, set plays, wins, loses, and most importantly the universal standard of league position.

One thing I’d argue is unique to Bulut among recent City managers is his attitude towards wingers. I don’t mean the inverted winger stuff, it’s to do with the fact that even in our most crappy teams in recent years, our wingers were actually wingers. Yes, they might not have been much good and they did their share defensively, but they were in the team, first and foremost, for what it was hoped they could do in the opposition half. It doesn’t feel like that under Bulut - the way Bowler has been used has left me baffled.

What on earth would Bulut have made of Jaden Philogene? My guess is he would have been returned to Villa in January.
    Warnock and Hoilett & Mendez-Laing, don't remember any after that, mainly strikers cutting in, who you thinking of aside from Big Phil in the Tights mentioned (Eric will prove this, O'Dowda has not been a winger at Cardiff by percentages)?

Warnock and Hoilett & Mendez-Laing, don't remember any after that, mainly strikers cutting in, who you thinking of aside from Big Phil in the Tights mentioned (Eric will prove this, O'Dowda has not been a winger at Cardiff by percentages)?
    Someone like Hoilet worked really hard for the team and didn’t shirk defensive duties, but you always knew what he was in the team for - to provide goals himself and the crosses for others to score from. I think Grant has been one of our better players this season, but I’ve watched him during the season and I didn’t think I was watching what I’d call a winger. Ojo could play through the middle, but he was a winger when he played in wide areas - maybe not a good one, but you knew what he was. Gavin Whyte was signed as a winger and the most effective single piece of wing play I’ve seen from the City in recent years was Isaak Davies’ run and cross for Kieffer Moore to score the winner against Huddersfield.

Morison, Purse, Hudson, Trollope?
    Did they get the players they wanted or were they largely trading with the bargain bucket?

Someone like Hoilet worked really hard for the team and didn’t shirk defensive duties, but you always knew what he was in the team for - to provide goals himself and the crosses for others to score from. I think Grant has been one of our better players this season, but I’ve watched him during the season and I didn’t think I was watching what I’d call a winger. Ojo could play through the middle, but he was a winger when he played in wide areas - maybe not a good one, but you knew what he was. Gavin Whyte was signed as a winger and the most effective single piece of wing play I’ve seen from the City in recent years was Isaak Davies’ run and cross for Kieffer Moore to score the winner against Huddersfield.
    It's incredibly frustrating when Etete finds himself in a position on the halfway to collect the ball, with his back to goal, only to discover that the wingers haven't advanced forward. When he lays it off to players like Ralls, Siopis, or Colwill, they're left with limited options, as Etete remains the most advanced player. It's no wonder he resorts to seeking fouls, it's a thankless task and incredibly frustrating.

However, there are moments of joy when we see three players converge on the touchline, like Colwill, Bowler, and NG, executing seamless interactions and deft touches, same over the other side with Grant and Collins and the Man City lad. That is a pleasure to watch. Its these instances of attack that offer a glimpse of what the team is capable of, and they're a true highlight amidst the frustration. But we go again, even if we keep the manager we are looking at upwards of 6 to 10 in and the same out!

It's incredibly frustrating when Etete finds himself in a position on the halfway to collect the ball, with his back to goal, only to discover that the wingers haven't advanced forward. When he lays it off to players like Ralls, Siopis, or Colwill, they're left with limited options, as Etete remains the most advanced player. It's no wonder he resorts to seeking fouls, it's a thankless task and incredibly frustrating.

However, there are moments of joy when we see three players converge on the touchline, like Colwill, Bowler, and NG, executing seamless interactions and deft touches, same over the other side with Grant and Collins and the Man City lad. That is a pleasure to watch. Its these instances of attack that offer a glimpse of what the team is capable of, and they're a true highlight amidst the frustration. But we go again, even if we keep the manager we are looking at upwards of 6 to 10 in and the same out!
    Our squad aren't as crap at attacking and creativity as they appear; they are much more capable individually and as a unit. It's Bulut's tactics and style of play which is suffocating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Did they get the players they wanted or were they largely trading with the bargain bucket?
    I'd say only Mackay, Jones, and Warnock got what they wanted but mainly because they stayed more than a season. Trollope according to wiki got in 8 players for about 4 million, 2 good, 1 sold at a massive profit, 1 a strange fans favorite. Warnock in the window didn't spend much and ended up with Bamba and Holiett.

The worst has to be Steve Morrison, whilst money wasn't spent whoever thought 17 new players was a good directions needs to give their head a wobble, especially considering he had managed the youth teams lol! The years of woe for me lay clearly at that door, that window, and those decision makers.

Tip of the hat to Trollope who tried it, didn't work out and went on to continue be a very successful career as an assistant/coach.

never been a Bulut fan and hope he's gone soon.

can't see he brings anything that inspires.