+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tragic death of the young girl in the inflatable boat

Tragic death of the young girl in the inflatable boat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68930088

It seems this little 7 year old girl was trampled to death by men scrambling to get onto the inflatable, despite her father's cries. So much for "women and children first" then. It seems it's pretty rare these days to see families risking making these channel crossings, mainly young blokes.

"I just wanted him to move so I could pull my baby up," Ahmed explained, of the young Sudanese man who had been part of a larger group that had crowded on board at the last moment, as the boat had drifted away from the shore. But the man had first ignored him, then threatened him. That time was like death itself. We saw people dying. I saw how those men were behaving. They didn't care whom they were stepping on - a child, or someone's head, young or old. People started to suffocate," said Ahmed, bitterly."

Clearly the father is distraught and racked with guilt but the actions of those men....

Read the whole report and see his history before leaping to any judgements.

Re: Tragic death of the young girl in the inflatable boat

What a novel idea - French police destroy inflatable boat before illegal immigrants get a chance to board it!

They could have used this tactic years ago - it would surely be a proper deterrent. It couldn't possibly be that they haven't because they want these folk to leave France could it?