+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wrexham talking about expanding the racecourse to 55k

Re: Wrexham talking about expanding the racecourse to 55k

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Just checking- even earlier tonight you said a stadium of 20k would be far too big for wrexham- even in the Championship or Premier league
    Knowing they were averaging more than half that non league and selling out every week and averaging nearly 12k in league 2 i just can't see why you think their crowds won't increase if they carry on going up the divisions?
    I said a 20 k stadium would be far too big for wrexham in the Championship

They might need a ground of that size , at a push , occasionally

Bradford City , 16000 season ticket holders last season , mid table

Now THEY would need a decent stadium in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On what figures are you basing this ?
    I am basing this on the fact Plymouth are a far bigger club than wrexham

It seems true wrexham fans are a bit more realistic about this silly non story

I have just seen photos of Brentfords ground

That would be about the size of Plymouths and perfect for wrexham

Anything else is just silly

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They said that about Cardiff City Stadium
    The last sentence was true.

Building a 55K stadium for Wrexham is ****ing ridiculous. If all their dreams came true and they got to the PL. These guys can't sustain it. We had a so-called billionaire and we still have assed it. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Now friendlies have more or less gone from International football, I’d rotate the Nations League games between Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham. Especially since they always seem to be midweek 7:45 kick offs.
    No thanks.

Mmmm

We have had 2 seasons in the top flight since the stadium has been built

They have turned up but only for the glory games

It doesn't seem a reason to have 33000 seats if we only fill them twice every 16 years
    Yes it does. If we want to be an established Premier League club we have the ground to accommodate the support.

Its called ambition.

We have the facilities to support a PL club. We just need the team.

I seem to remember you saying a 20k stadium or thereabouts would suit us fine. It obviously would if our only ambition was Championship football mediocrity.

55k, is that more than Everton and same as Liverpool? Just about sums that up in a tiny town that barely has that population.
    Still, it’s of no concern to us, not like if Swansea did it where we might lose fans, north wales is akin to a different country.
    Let them go for it….

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes it does. If we want to be an established Premier League club we have the ground to accommodate the support.

Its called ambition.

I seem to remember you saying a 20k stadium or thereabouts would suit us fine. It obviously would if our only ambition was Championship football mediocrity.
    We just need a decent owner who will then put the pieces in place. All the successful clubs are like this. If we stayed in the PL we’d probably average 35/40k no problem. Its was 32,000 last one season wonder disaster…..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Its called ambition.

Well you seem to remember something else then

I thought the initial size of CCS was just about right and stick with that

Well you seem to remember something else then

I thought the initial size of CCS was just about right and stick with that
    But we proved that, even a relegation threated side in the PL would virtually fill the extra tier. I agree with Hilts. If our ambition is a return to the PL, those extra fans = revenue.

But we proved that, even a relegation threated side in the PL would virtually fill the extra tier. I agree with Hilts. If our ambition is a return to the PL, those extra fans = revenue.
    people would be moaning if we had got to the prem and not had the stand, the club would have been seen to lack ambition and be tinpot

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    people would be moaning if we had got to the prem and not had the stand, the club would have been seen to lack ambition and be tinpot
    Can't win!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Not to mention the fact Ninian park held about 40,000 when I started going, with about 3000 regularly there. Just the 37,000 empty spaces every week….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not to mention the fact Ninian park held about 40,000 when I started going, with about 3000 regularly there. Just the 37,000 empty spaces every week….
    It was 60 odd thousand capacity for years.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was 60 odd thousand capacity for years.
    Glad they reduced the capacity when we were only getting a few thousand on Sludge's advice.

Glad they reduced the capacity when we were only getting a few thousand on Sludge's advice.
    It was shocking mind, 55,000 rattling around in 60,000+ ground against Leeds in the Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Of course they have a ceiling.

Once the owners have squeezed the guts out of the story they’ll move on.

Wrexham will fall and it’ll all go back to normal.

Still Wrexham will have had the ride of their lives and can’t fault them for it.
    FFs grow up

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Are there that many in Wrexampool
    here we go..are they plastics now because they support a D2 team. fecking pathetic

I wish them success.The kind of americans you want running your club.They've got an international money stream that will only improve as they climb the leagues.The prem clubs are using the USA more and more for preseason tours as the revenue is good and getting better and the american fans go nuts on the merchandise.I can see this snowballing for them and note that they've already released 8 players that got them where they are today.Looks like they'll have a good go next season too.

Some of our fans are as deluded about our support as the Wrexham Yanks are about theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Imagine it will host nfl games. Philadelphia eagles maybe? People will laugh but I can see it happening.
    Spurs stadium was built with NFL in mind. Amongst other things you need large touchline areas for the teams and staff, space behind the goal line for the in-goal area, gigantic changing rooms, loads of corporate facilities. Their stadium would have to be huge. That's not happening.

Reynolds is a good business man and this must be scaring the hell out of him. They outspent in terms of salaries in the conference and L2, they are competing with serious money at that level against Stockport, Mansfield &Doncaster, Crewe, small local clubs. There is only Bradford in there with any pedigree of bigger things.

Next season you'll have yoyo clubs like Rotherham, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Bolton, Oxford, Posh, Barnsley, Blackpool, Wigan, and potentially Brum. These clubs know what is required to get into the championship.

He has a history of selling at a good point and moving on to his next project. Be interesting what happens over the summer, I wouldn't mind betting he lowers his exposure of risk by trying to get more investors in.