Colwill certainly has talented feet and, when he is confident or allowed, the ability (with limited pace) to beat a player and play incisive passes. Creative No 10 like attributes.

In some ways this should have been an ideal season for him personally. Behind in the queue for the spartan creative roles Bulut allocates inside the central 60 yards of the pitch. Ramsey's injury should have triggered two things; making that role his own and a fantastic opportunity to understand how a gifted talent like Ramsey applied his craft.

Whether it was down to the coaching/system and/or the lack of confidence in Colwill that brought Turnbull to the club or that Colwill does not have the consistency, temprament or ability to be a playmaker is still unanswered in my opinion.

Of the 10 or so aways that I attended where Colwill played a part he seemed far more effective coming on in a stretched game than as a starter. He is a bit marmite on here, but given the lack of home grown talent, I hope he trains on.