Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Personally I'd say his overall game has improved, his decision making is better in particular and he holds onto the ball much better than he did previously. He's certainly improved defensively as well

What hasn't improved, clearly, is his output in terms of goals and assists. He'll end on 1 goal and 2 assists in the league this season and that's just not good enough. A number 10 should be scoring more than that, but that being said how many times has he had a chance where your thinking "He definitely should have scored"? I think that's a reflection on the way we play and speaks to the lack of structure we have going forward. I think it's also true with our other attacking players, how many goals have come at the end of a good move forward? Often the goals from our attacking players are individual efforts rather than team goals

What struck me when we played Plymouth at home is how they clearly had a plan going forward, had a clear idea of the goal they wanted to score even if they weren't successful. We by contrast seemed desperate to get set plays so we'd have a chance at goal.
I agree about his poor goal scoring and assists figures, but he’s not had a season of playing in the number ten role has he - I doubt if he’s played much more than ten to fifteen full games in the position this season, he’s spent more time playing in wide positions and has generally provided better crosses than our wingers.