+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff City star Rubin Colwill emerges as transfer target for 'many Premier League clubs'

Re: Cardiff City star Rubin Colwill emerges as transfer target for 'many Premier League clubs'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, there's bravery as well. Putting your head in isn't really natural I suppose. The brain wants us to protect it! Ken zohore couldn't head a ball, he was like Lionel Blair after 6 cans of special brew when the ball came to him on the old swede. Colwill is a footballer anyway. That's where he'll excellent if his game develops, that's where he'll be effective. All this shit about him playing higher doesn't add up either. He likes to pick the ball up deep and penetrate the opposition while carrying on his run after he's released the ball. He's no back to goal player. Back to the heading, well Colwill is just ahead of the curve, Heading will be banned soon enough anyway!
    Tackling was, more or less, banned a while back so you may be right. I used to love a full on, blood and guts tackle, hard but fair. A player would be shot at dawn for one now. Aerial challenges the same, not the run of the mill set piece but a 5ft 7 tough midfielder aggressively winning a heading duel, letting his marker know he’s not going to be f*cked about with. Things of the past, by the looks, but those incidents didn’t half get the crowd going.

Re: Cardiff City star Rubin Colwill emerges as transfer target for 'many Premier League clubs'

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tackling was, more or less, banned a while back so you may be right. I used to love a full on, blood and guts tackle, hard but fair. A player would be shot at dawn for one now. Aerial challenges the same, not the run of the mill set piece but a 5ft 7 tough midfielder aggressively winning a heading duel, letting his marker know he’s not going to be f*cked about with. Things of the past, by the looks, but those incidents didn’t half get the crowd going.
    With some badger-baiting at half time too back then! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, there's bravery as well. Putting your head in isn't really natural I suppose. The brain wants us to protect it! Ken zohore couldn't head a ball, he was like Lionel Blair after 6 cans of special brew when the ball came to him on the old swede. Colwill is a footballer anyway. That's where he'll excellent if his game develops, that's where he'll be effective. All this shit about him playing higher doesn't add up either. He likes to pick the ball up deep and penetrate the opposition while carrying on his run after he's released the ball. He's no back to goal player. Back to the heading, well Colwill is just ahead of the curve, Heading will be banned soon enough anyway!
    Zohore used to close his eyes when he went up for a header. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    With some badger-baiting at half time too back then! ��
    I’ll bet my bollocks you’ve roared as a City full back took the ball, the winger, his mother, his father etc, put them on their arse and emerged triumphant with the round bit of leather

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Zohore used to close his eyes when he went up for a header. Every time.
    Weird, isn’t it? The art of heading is a beautiful thing when done well.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ll bet my bollocks you’ve roared as a City full back took the ball, the winger, his mother, his father etc, put them on their arse and emerged triumphant with the round bit of leather
    👍🤣💪 …like concrete those old balls were too. ⚽️

International

Colwill is a good player, he's gone up in my estimation, I think he'll be a key player next year and step up a lot, having Rambo here will be brilliant for his development, I hope Rambo can get fit and lead by example.

We need a lot but the focus has to be a decent Striker at least two wingers better than we've got, Phillips or as good and a solid left back. It's going to be a better more entertaining season!