+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dimitrios Goutas

Re: Dimitrios Goutas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I dare say it's easier to have a settled side if they're winning regularly.

I sometimes wonder if Bulut's chopping and changing hasn't helped with our form?
    Different game now Eric. Squads are probably bigger and you can use 5 subs these days so less likely to go with the same starting 11 every game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m pretty sure he was subbed in one game and Panzo came on. I don’t have any guesses tho.
    You’re sort of right, he was subbed away at Leicester on 77 minutes and replaced by … Jack Simpson!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You’re sort of right, he was subbed away at Leicester on 77 minutes and replaced by … Jack Simpson!
    And we all know how that ended!

I’m pretty sure he was subbed in one game and Panzo came on. I don’t have any guesses tho.
    I thought it was Leicester so I checked flashscores app and Goutas came off for Jack Simpson on 77 minutes...we all know what happened after that...

edit. I've read page 2

I thought i was thinking of a later game, he picked up an injury and was either subbed for Panzo or subbed for someone else and then Panzo came on later. Not in questioning if that was McGuiness actually haha

I thought i was thinking of a later game, he picked up an injury and was either subbed for Panzo or subbed for someone else and then Panzo came on later. Not in questioning if that was McGuiness actually haha
    Maybe thinking of Preston away, where Panzo replaced McGuinness on 75 mins.

Maybe thinking of Preston away, where Panzo replaced McGuinness on 75 mins.
    Yes I think it might have been, I want to say he may have also picked up a knock in that game and was doubtful for the next game but played. Turns out I was right but completely wrong haha.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Different game now Eric. Squads are probably bigger and you can use 5 subs these days so less likely to go with the same starting 11 every game.
    Yes, I know that.

I sometimes wonder about forming partnerships etc in a team. Would, say Bothroyd and Chopra have been so prolific if both were rested every other game and didn't play together as much? It's not just there, either, but all over the field. Players learn each others games. Chopping and changing doesn't help develop those relationships. Obviously, if you're winning, why make changes, but when a team struggles, the tendency is to keep changing and looking for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You are right - I missed him when I was skimming through Cardiff squads on Wiki.
    ez one to miss tbh..he was SHIT and wayyy overrated by some thickos

International

If, as expected, Dimitrios Goutas takes his usual place in the centre of City's defence at Rotherham tomorrow, it will mean the dependable Greek international has been ever-present in the Bluebirds starting line-up for all of this season's Championship matches. I haven't checked this, but I'm pretty sure he's also played every minute of every league game this season (I can't recall him being subbed at any stage).

So, here's a question for you: who was the last outfield City player to start all 46 games of a Championship season and in which campaign did that happen?
    Wow what a good signing who found him, I wonder if it was the World renowned expert Manager of the Greek/Turkish/German markets, Darren Purse

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Wow what a good signing who found him, I wonder if it was the World renowned expert Manager of the Greek/Turkish/German markets, Darren Purse
    I think it was the same bloke who found Runar Runarsson and Famara Diedhiou.

German markets? Are you sure?!?

Do you wear lipstick for bulut when you linger behind the dugout in home matches?

Oh wow Whitts. I was going to say Manga.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Do you wear lipstick for bulut when you linger behind the dugout in home matches?
    Urr no, I think you're on the wrong board if you're into that, try a google search or something

International

Didn't take you long Martha, keep cuddling your baby reindeer mick

He probably is Erol Bulut. Hes doing a Michael Beale and going on social media to defend himself under a pseudonym. I am convinced he has some kind of notification system set up on his account because any negative mention of Bulut and hes there to defend him within seconds.

At least its distracted him for his weird obsession with Drakeford and the 20 mph speed limit I suppose. Bless him.

Urr no, I think you're on the wrong board if you're into that, try a google search or something
    You must admit there is a certain irony in a Brexit-voting Tory getting excited about European markets while singing the praises of Greeks and Turks…

You must admit there is a certain irony in a Brexit-voting Tory getting excited about European markets while singing the praises of Greeks and Turks…
    Over his head.

He probably is Erol Bulut. Hes doing a Michael Beale and going on social media to defend himself under a pseudonym. I am convinced he has some kind of notification system set up on his account because any negative mention of Bulut and hes there to defend him within seconds.

At least its distracted him for his weird obsession with Drakeford and the 20 mph speed limit I suppose. Bless him.
    Won't answer anything too challenging though, goes radio silent if you stump him with facts, just like MOZZ. Probably the same person.

International

I think it was the same bloke who found Runar Runarsson and Famara Diedhiou.

German markets? Are you sure?!?
    Yes but limited choice and a low January budget he wanted better.

International

I voted remain but that's by the by, one of the benefits is his knowledge of overseas cheaper markets.

It's been done to death, I'm certainly not loving every home match, but I think we need stability he's done a good job and he can step up next season with some good attacking transfers, time will tell

International

Don't remind me that new bellend better get his Skates on and increase NC back to 30!

Yes but limited choice and a low January budget he wanted better.
    What makes you think Bulut has some sort of inside track on the German market?

I voted remain…
    Apologies. I had you down as a Boris Johnson cheerleader, but it seems I was wrong.