+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Song for Next Season !!

Re: Song for Next Season !!

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Funnily enough, in the last game when their player was down injured, for ages, in the last minute of injury, injury, added-injury-time. I turned around to my Grandson and said "our fans are so polite these days". Then said opposition player was eventually stretchered-off to polite applause.

Before anyone judges me, I will say things have progressed for the better, but "older folk" amongst us will know what our fans would have been chanting.
    In my youth, if an opposition player went down for a longish time, we'd chant the count one to ten, then the 'death march' tune.
    Somrtimes we'd chant "let him die, let him die"
    Fans (and authorities) are too soft these days

The "let him die" chant came to mind when I spoke to my Grandson.

Funnily enough, in the last game when their player was down injured, for ages, in the last minute of injury, injury, added-injury-time. I turned around to my Grandson and said "our fans are so polite these days". Then said opposition player was eventually stretchered-off to polite applause.

Before anyone judges me, I will say things have progressed for the better, but "older folk" amongst us will know what our fans would have been chanting.
    I used to like the ‘boxing’ count followed by the funeral march as well.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I used to like the ‘boxing’ count followed by the funeral march as well.
    I must be younger than both you and bobh old fogeys, cos I don't know the boxing count chant.

I must be younger than both you and bobh old fogeys, cos I don't know the boxing count chant.
    It was simply counting out loud 1 - 10. like when a boxer has been knocked down.
    There's so much diving these days, we'd be out of breath before half-time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    In my youth, if an opposition player went down for a longish time, we'd chant the count one to ten, then the 'death march' tune.
    Somrtimes we'd chant "let him die, let him die"
    Fans (and authorities) are too soft these days
    "Let him die" definitely still gets sung by pockets, seems a bit silly though, he's only playing for the other team in a football match