+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky Prediction Of General Election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sky Prediction Of General Election

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Apart from sky yesterday all the leading pollsters and analysts are predicting at least a 50 seat majority for Labour

As long as they are the biggest party that will do for me and we can go from there
    Me to - lot's of Labour spending recklessly it'll be just like the good ol days of Blair / Brown throwing money at large public sector projects which are just a financial black hole. Should be even easier with Rayner and Starma at the wheel :)

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Me to - lot's of Labour spending recklessly it'll be just like the good ol days of Blair / Brown throwing money at large public sector projects which are just a financial black hole. Should be even easier with Rayner and Starma at the wheel :)
    Which was the last government to not run a deficit? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't your lot.

Investing is good for the economy, which is why the UK is in such a state.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Which was the last government to not run a deficit? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't your lot.

Investing is good for the economy, which is why the UK is in such a state.
    with all due respect that's because when Labour came to power in 1997 the economy had created a surplus. Brown soon broke his rules and became a freewheeling spendocrat though, seriously overutilising PFI unlike the Tories who dreamt up the idea.